POLL: Do you think that the current state of US Republicanism is pathological?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Apr 9, 2010.

Do you think that the current state of US Republicanism is pathological?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. Hello

Hello

Weak liberals? You call Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, or Allan Colmes weak liberals? These guys constantly get angry with Oreilly, and they hold their own, also on OReilly he has atleast
    2-3 Liberals on a night considering there is only 6 segments in his show that means atleast half the time there is also a liberal standpoint. I challenge you to even find me 1 week in which Keith Olbermann has put 2-3 conservatives on his show throughout an entire week, all he ever does is put a bunch of democrats on his show, same thing with Rachel Maddow they never have a dissenting point of view. Granted that is the extreme left, but you will notice it on every other channel as well. In terms of CTV the only conservative who was ever on that channell mike Duffy is gone now and it is an all out Liberal Love fest. Granted I dont think canadian news channells are as blatantly obvious in terms of their left wing slant as the amrican news outlets are but it is still there.

#51     Apr 9, 2010
  2. Let's make two countries. Jesus land and the USA of L & E. Let's then see who goes bankrupt first.

Though I'm not too religious, I'll be happy to move to Jesusland with my fellow "reds". I'm sure many like me would. We'll take our salaries and see what tax rate we get over there.

#52     Apr 9, 2010
  3. The liberals on FOX almost always get shouted down at some point. It is not nearly as civilized as CNN, where both sides are given time to properly express their views. Again, I don't watch MSNBC. If it is as you say it is, then I think it's wrong. Do they also play fast and loose with facts, or only opinion? I don't know, I'm asking. Because FOX plays very fast and loose with the facts.

#53     Apr 9, 2010
  4. Really now...

Is that why Bush wrote a $17 BILLION dollar check to bail-out GM and Chrysler in December of 2008, and his Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson created the $700 BILLION dollar "TARP" to bail-out the Banks instead of allowing some of them to fail?

How "market-based" were those decisions by a GOP Administration?

#54     Apr 9, 2010
  5. I disagree.

If what you said above is actually true, the Obama Administration wouldn't be having Robert Gates as the Defense Secretary and we certainly wouldn't be spending over $700 Billion on the FY-2011 DoD Budget ( a record ), let alone $150 Billion on Iraq/Afghanistan.

The Administration also would NOT be proposing to drill off the Atlantic seaboard from Delaware down to Florida, either.

The pundits on Faux News don't want to hear it, but the Obama Administration is much more MODERATE than it is "Left", in my opinion.

God knows, he's pissed off an awful lot of Liberals.
    That's for sure.

#55     Apr 9, 2010
  6. Good to see you back, Landis.

#56     Apr 9, 2010
  7. LOL

There is no pathology of a Canadian commenting on American politics. What a ridiculous notion. Is there any pathology of an American commenting on Canadian politics? What of an Australian commenting on the politics of Vanuatu? Of Viennese commenting on Gdansk? Of course there may be apathy. But some of you jerkholes try imply some sort of evil intent from Canadian comment. Get over yourselves already.

This the World. And you live in it.

#57     Apr 9, 2010
  8. Commenting? To make several thousand posts on the subject isn't pathological? Given that there's an intense political climate (i.e. an election) in the U.K, yet a Euro-born Canadian spends an inordinate amount of his life arguing about American cable television programing? Hey, if you think that's normal then whatever rocks your boat.

#58     Apr 9, 2010
  9. And why would you care what he does?

#59     Apr 9, 2010
  10. I live in Canada. The US is Canada's next door neighbor and largest trading partner. I trade US markets. Yeah, I've got opinions.

The UK, to which you refer, has much less direct impact on my economic well-being. That's not to say that what goes on there isn't important, but the subject would not get much traction in this forum.

#60     Apr 9, 2010