POLL: Do you think that the current state of US Republicanism is pathological?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Apr 9, 2010.

Do you think that the current state of US Republicanism is pathological?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. You keep missing the point, intentionally or otherwise. If otherwise, then please accept my condolences.

Read this slowly: I do not refer to the fringe elements that exist on both sides. Rather, I refer to the fringe element that is seeping into the Republican mainstream. The video you attached does not represent the Democrat mainstream. By way of example, FOX appears to represent Republican mainstream because it has the likes of Gingrich, Rove et al. And look at the obfuscation they engage in, as the video links I attached earlier clearly show. If it is not outright malicious then it is indeed pathological.

#31     Apr 9, 2010
  2. You really need to watch MSNBC to gain some perspective. The Dem equalvialnt of Gingrich, Rove, et al, are on that network all day, every day. If you watched that network you would see, in no uncertain terms, how the left fringe element has indeed slipped in to the Dem mainstream in a big way. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you don't have access to MSNBC. Otherwise, your ignorance of the facts is willfull.

#32     Apr 9, 2010
  3. What I'd call "pathological" is a Canadian who makes thousands of posts on a trading message board on the subject of American politics. Of course he uses the tired old saw that as a Canadian he has a self interest in America because our economies are linked and that America wags the dog etc. Bullshit. Does anyone here see Mexico's economy walking in tandem with the U.S.?

Consider what dickwipes these Canadian leftists on ET truly are. Gabfly trades U.S. futures but doesn't pay U.S. taxes. Yet he has the unmitigated gall to start thread after thread advocating for a higher tax regime in the States. He complains about Republican's blocking 'financial reform" but he's too ignorant to know that one reform long advocated by Larry Summers was the elimination of Index futures trading-the very vehicle that Gabfly partakes.

Then, there's the ridiculous bragging from the leftist tools about "liberals are smarter and better educated". I'm curious. What great works in life are being performed by these Ivy League geniuses like Optional, Gabfly, Hermit, Ricter, Free Thinker-what an over the top oxy-moron-and other ET liberals? Are any of you employed as medical professionals, researchers, educators, social workers? No. You're a bunch of allegedly educated losers who're day trading 2 lots in NQ and posting 24/7 on the internet. Yet you have the audacity to be smug? LMFAO.

#33     Apr 9, 2010
  4. Thank you, HelloDollar, for bringing my point home. Since you cannot legitimately argue with the topic head on, you characteristically choose to sidestep the issue. No doubt, Hannity would be proud and Beck is getting misty.

#34     Apr 9, 2010
  5. I have access to MSNBC. However, I prefer to watch the Canadian CTV news channel, CNN, BBC and, during their commercial breaks, FOX "news." Perhaps MSNBC is as entertaining as FOX. I don't know, and I don't pretend to know. But make no mistake, I don't turn the channel to FOX for information. It is my periodic source of farce. I don't merely refer to outrageous opinions. I refer to outrageous LIES. No one encapsulates them better than Stewart and Colbert, who frequently show clips of the perps saying one thing at one time, and then the opposite thing at another time. And this is in addition to the outright falsehoods and misstatements of fact, which are held up to the light. Stewart has already taken on MSNBC (and even CNN). When has the Right Wing media ever criticized itself?

#35     Apr 9, 2010
  6. Jon Stewart Is America's Most Trusted Newsman
    http://www.timepolls.com/hppolls/archive/poll_results_417.html

#36     Apr 9, 2010
  7. That's disappointing! I had really hoped your ignorance of the facts was not so willful. Everything you watch has a left wing slant, even the parodies. Stewart does an occassional rap againts MSNBC, and that provides all the balance you need? Com'on! You can do better. You must do better if you are ever to see the whole truth about the scam that is American politics, how it's reported, and what effect that has on the country at large. That does of course assume you're actually interested in the "whole" truth.

#37     Apr 9, 2010
  8. How willful is my ignorance when I watch several news stations while I suspect most FOX devotees watch nothing but. I don't think CTV, BBC or CNN are "liberal." I depend on them for factual and balanced information. Opinions are stated as such. Yes, I am a liberal, but I prefer my news predigested.

#38     Apr 9, 2010
  9. #39     Apr 9, 2010
  10. Ricter

Ricter

He is funny, but... it's bizarre and a bit scary that he is America's most trusted newsman.

#40     Apr 9, 2010