POLL: Do you think that the current state of US Republicanism is pathological?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Apr 9, 2010.

Do you think that the current state of US Republicanism is pathological?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. Ah...so you get your news from comedy central which is the REAL source of factual unbiased news, right? Yeah, im thinking about switching where I get my news from to the cartoon network. I mean as long as you are being entertained it must be true news, right?

#21     Apr 9, 2010
  2. Gladly. Better yet, watch the segment for yourself.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/jon-stewart-fox-news-no-longer-feels-the-need-to-report-the-facts/

Be sure to watch the whole 7-minute segment. It not only shows that Gingrich and Hannity were full of it on the facts, but also how Obama's treat is very similar to what Reagan had sought. So, while FOX hails Reagan, they ridicule Obama for essentially adopting the same stance. Watch and see.

#22     Apr 9, 2010
  3. No, I get my entertainment for Stewart. A lot of that entertainment involves sticking it to FOX with the facts.

#23     Apr 9, 2010
  4. So your excuse is "well ronnie raygun did it too" ?

#24     Apr 9, 2010
  5. Not specifically. Rather, I am pointing out the obvious fact that FOX lauds Reagan but disses Obama for essentially the same thing. Did you really miss the point regarding absence of integrity?

#25     Apr 9, 2010
  6. Nobody wants to tackle this, eh? I mean, all this "extremism" is just leftist double speak for racism, isn't it? Aren't we suppose to be OK with a discussion about race? Didn't the president and others say we need to discuss the issue?
    Everyone is OK with a discussion about race, so long as it's from a minority perspective. Ten thousand black people in the street and it's just concerned citizens with a legitimate complaint. Couple thousand white people and it's holy shit, the white hooded racists is coming to kill us all.
    We cannot, and will not ever got this behind us until all this imposed white guilt is taken off the table, and that's just for starters. Working class blacks and whites must be able to unite behond a common cause without the blacks being called "Tom's", and white's must be allowed to have a voice in the question of race relations without being called a racist. Until those two things happen, up front, it's all an exercise in futility, which is exactly what the elites want.

#26     Apr 9, 2010
  7. No, Captain, the extremism includes, but is not limited to, rampant racism. It includes the disregard of fellow citizens, the scoffing at legitimate financial and other reforms, the desired imposition of religious beliefs into law, the glorifying of a rampant gun culture and a rabid jingoism. I could go on.

#27     Apr 9, 2010
  8. I agree, but at the MSM level, it's about racism, or the perception of racism. Mr. Tingle running down his leg is obsessed with it nightly, as are Maddow and Olberman.

#28     Apr 9, 2010
  9. I don't know if or how much it may be overdone because, as I noted earlier, I don't watch MSNBC. And, from what I gather here at ET, MSNBC is not exactly MSM. (Again, I don't know for certain one way or the other because I don't watch it.) However, the undercurrent of racism is out there in a fairly big way. There is plenty of dog-whistle politics going on. Let's not be obtuse about it.

#29     Apr 9, 2010
  10. Is this included?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cFeUhSlHiUQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cFeUhSlHiUQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#30     Apr 9, 2010