POLL: Do you think Larry Williams is a charlatan?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Thunderdog, Sep 1, 2009.

Do you think Larry Williams is a charlatan?

1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. No

103 vote(s)
    61.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A simple question, yet I believe the poll results will say much about ET's membership.

2. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

So do you think he writes books and teaches seminars knowing what he teaches doesn't work?

Do you think he trades a different way than what he teaches?

3. Your post has at least one rhetorical question and makes at least one assumption. But, then, this poll is not about what I think. You already know what I think.

4. Millionaire

Millionaire

I think he took the easy option and began selling stuff instead of trading as his main source of income.

But unlike other snake oil sellers he is/was at least a very profitable trader.

I Dont blame him, if i could make millions doing seminars i would do that rather sat at home by myself infront of a PC screen all day.

5. I admire your confidence in the face of a fair amount of evidence suggesting otherwise.

6. Looks like you got your answer, Thunderbluster.

A simple question, and I believe the poll results will say much about Thunderdog.

Looks like about 66% of the Board thinks you're a tool. :eek: :D

Edit: Make that 72%. :cool: :)

7. Trolldog is the worst kinda Internet destroyer. Stay away kids!!

8. +1 :)

9. Is LW honest ?

1. This was on LW's website om march 2006 :

"Larry Williams has taught thousands to correctly trade the markets, WON MANY TRADING CHAMPIONSHIPS, and has been the only futures trader in the world to repeatedly trade $1 million of his own money live at seminars around the globe."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65159&perpage=6&pagenumber=27

What other contest(s) besides the Robbins one he won ?

Larry remains silent , so do his supporters ...

Exactly 1 million ?! not 1 dollar more or less ?

Where are the audited results ?
    Can't find those amazing results on his website ? (not worth mentioning ?)

Does LW uses deceptive practices ?

In 1987 he suckered people into his losing managed account by showing only the performance of his personal winning account
    [​IMG]

www.jurikres.com/snake/lawsuits.htm

"NFA fines Larry Williams for not reporting to potential clients that, while his personal account in a promotional 1987 contest was very profitable ( a gain of + $902,599 ), his managed accounts for clients lost substantial funds ( - $6,122,281 ). This constituted DECEPTIVE and unbalanced promotional material and disclosure statements."

Did the deception stop there ?

Most of the time after 1987 , he referenced to his contest performance on his website without disclosing again that he lost in his managed account to sell his seminars,courses,...etc

LW : "As of January 31, 2009, after 40 years of doing Commodity Timing, I fully retired from this one product"
    http://ireallytrade.com/trackrecords.htm

Track record only starts from 2006, where are the numbers for the other 37 years ?

Any audited performance ?

"He is the most highly regarded and well known short term trader in the world.
    No other futures trader is as accomplished as Larry Williams."

http://ireallytrade.com/aboutlarry.htm

Larrry kind of specializes in blow ups

Larry had an equity dip of 1,450,000 , that's about 64 % ,in his personal 1987 contest account, he was lucky to have this drawdown after he made some bucks

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118258&perpage=6&highlight=equity&pagenumber=7

After his 1987 robbins worldcup performance,he started In July 1988 the Larry Williams Financial Strategy Fund The 1988 fund lost more than 50% of its clients’ equity in barely one year, as reported in the October 1989 issue of Futures magazine

In March 1989 the World Cup Championship Fund is started, managed by Larry Williams, Jake Bernstein and two others.
    The 1989 fund also lost more than half of its original equity by May 1990.

www.jurikres.com/snake/lawsuits.htm

Now how does LW rate against other's ?

Have a look here and you will see that 42 % of ES trading systems at Striker outperform LW

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthrea...erpage=6&highlight=accomplished&pagenumber=43

Who are his business associates ?

The fund of 1989 he started with Jake Bernstein

Also got convicted for deceptive practices :

NFA FINDS BERNSTEIN USED MISLEADING AND DECEPTIVE PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL. Fined $200,000 and permanently barred from NFA membership. All appeals to NFA and CFTC failed. DETAILS

Footnote -- Commodity Traders Consumer Report, a respected futures publication, tracked the trades Bernstein recommended in his $895 flagship newsletter. If you had acted on these weekly tips from 1988 through 1992, you would have lost money for five consecutive years (assuming typical transaction costs).

another accomplished trader LOL

Now,VOTE, but remember LW might sue your a..

If you decide to vote "no" , don't forget to sign up at www.ireallygamble.com

10. I don't think he's a charlatan. Although I would never trust anyone with his political bent.

Have you tried to get a life outside of this place?

#10     Sep 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.