POLL: Do you think ET members' median IQ is higher or lower than it was 5 years ago?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Thunderdog, Mar 17, 2009.

Do you think ET members' median IQ is higher or lower than it was 5 years ago?

1. Higher

128 vote(s)
    156.1%
  2. Lower

77 vote(s)
    93.9%
  1. Much higher now, I wasn't here 5 years ago.

:cool:

#21     Mar 20, 2009
  2. I took me an IQ test once. First time I ever scored over 50 on a test.

#22     Mar 20, 2009
  3. Unchanged at best, if you remove yourself (and myself). Like in trading, for each smart/winner that join 9 less smart/losers also join.

The difference: in ET lower IQ may stay, in markets losers must leave. :D

#23     Mar 20, 2009
  4. new$

new$

Seems like some group came in last year for the purpose of lowering standards.

:p

#24     Mar 20, 2009
  5. bathrobe

bathrobe

I do not know about this board (have not been here 5 years). Trading in general, absolutely. More and more people I know now call themselves "traders". I recently ran into someone I knew from college and he told me he was a professional trader. He then went on to tell me he traded an FX micro acct. and had decisions based on his "general feelings about the global situation", which, obviously he knew nothing about.

A few people make billions, and every dumb ass decides they too will make a billion................trading fx

#25     Mar 21, 2009
  6. I don't know...While I wasn't here 5 years ago I have spent alot of time sifting through the archives and the quality of discussion was simply much better until about 2007 then things go downhill. Like if you look at the hardware section there are still great discussions because the morons tend to stay out of those discussions.
    What this place really needs is something like slashdot's rating system so that the garbage can simply be ignored.

#26     Mar 21, 2009
  7. IQ has risen, but EQ has fallen. You wouldn't want to know the huge number of successfull trolls that now roam the countryside:eek:

#27     Mar 21, 2009
  8. I was here 5 years ago and it was pretty bad back then as well. But it does feel even worse now. However, we can all take comfort in the fact that these Hannah Montanas of the world usually have a very short lifespan, especially as traders.

#28     Mar 21, 2009