POLL: Do you think ET members' median IQ is higher or lower than it was 5 years ago?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Thunderdog, Mar 17, 2009.

Do you think ET members' median IQ is higher or lower than it was 5 years ago?

1. Higher

128 vote(s)
    156.1%
  2. Lower

77 vote(s)
    93.9%
  1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Everything in the past seems to always have been better....Better burgers, cars, life, etc etc etc....hence the saying...

"Ahh, the good ole' days"

#11     Mar 17, 2009
  2. I like to remember back in the nineties when I could average 200 bucks a day with a 2k account.

Now I'm scared to send my money to a broker.

Things were alot better then.

#12     Mar 17, 2009
  3. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

As the matter of fact I have just took an IQ test (what a coincidence) at the MENSA association of Canada. I won't post the number, but it is higher than I had 5 years ago. Go figure :D

#13     Mar 17, 2009
    beginner66 likes this.
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I have actually always liked Thunderdog. I think he is an intelligent guy (or a girl) :)

#14     Mar 17, 2009
  5. zdreg

zdreg

idiots don't recognize they are idiots and think that other idiots are great.
    more useful are posts which say that the prior post is useful or on target. even that is not foolproof.

#15     Mar 17, 2009
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

or a transexual....:D

#16     Mar 17, 2009
  7. I don't see much change. What I do see is discourse from people with less experience. One of the symptoms of that is the endless ideological finger pointing, which at some point will surely overload ET's "Ignore" system.

#17     Mar 17, 2009
  8. Thanks for the input, everyone. Now, of course, I did not mean to suggest that specific members had either lost of found a few IQ points. Rather, and I hope obviously, I was referring to the aggregate membership profile as it stands today, as compared to what it was five years ago. The people who participated in the poll thus far seem to agree overwhelmingly on direction.

#18     Mar 17, 2009
  9. It seems that the tables have turned overnight. Gee, I wonder how that happened. No doubt, threads like this one won the day:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=157740

Not to mention this little bit of high-end political commentary:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157769&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

I refer to these trading-unrelated threads expressly to illustrate the general mental quality and caliber of ET's current membership, which seems to be all the rage. Now imagine this kind of raw brain power in the trading arena...

#19     Mar 18, 2009
  10. the IQ may be rising but the EQ is definitely as low or lower than it was 5 years ago

#20     Mar 18, 2009