POLL: Do you employ options in your trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Thunderdog, Oct 1, 2007.

Do you employ options in your trading?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    39.3%
  1. I'm just curious to know what proportion of people here employ option strategies in their trading.

2. Does anyone here who presently doesn't employ options strategies plan to do so in the future? Conversely, are there any traders who presently do use options in their trading who are considering dropping them from their trading? Please comment.

3. Ever notice how my threads seem to generate the lowest level of traffic? Evidently, my threads are so green that they don't leave much of a carbon footprint.

4. I have EWZ $70 calls so yea I do employ options and make good $ doing so.

Options work GRET for ETFs, but I generally don't recommend them for stocks.

5. If you have not yet participated in this poll, then please do so.

6. I have traded for a period with and a period without. Between the two, I prefer the use of options as a component as long as I don't get greedy with them.

Great example of time to use options was in August. Market swinging every which way - had you implemented strangles on several specific volatile equities or ETFs on the indices, you would have been primed to make serious bank - and you still would be now.

Strangles are useful for volatile markets. Hedging with options is also essential if you have an overexposed position you're worried about (or could be worried about).

7. Another call for votes for those of you who have not yet participated in this poll.

8. Options rule.

Polls dont tell you much.

9. Pretty much just for longer term portfolios that we're holding anyway, not much for basic trading (the MM's have everything priced pretty well, for them, LOL).

Don

10. Options +ETF=money

If you buy calls on a an etf like EWZ on a dip you cant fail

#10     Oct 3, 2007