Poll: Did Jesse Jackson help cause today's selloff?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Molon Labe, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Yes, that is exactly what I am.

Ayn Rand wrote extensively about this sort of looter.
    Jesse Jackass is no different than Orren Boyle & Wesley Mouch.

#21     Jan 15, 2003
  2. Foz

Foz

Exactly. And his embarrassing perpetuation that people of color are victims and don't have the ability to be successful without Affirmative Action.

#22     Jan 15, 2003
  3. Foz

Foz

Boyle and Mouch are Ayn Rand characters in Atlas Shrugged, for the uninitiated.

I'm glad you are proud of it, Molon. I'm no Ojectivist, but a discussion of politics with you over a pint sounds like a good time.

#23     Jan 15, 2003
  4. bubbaco

bubbaco

selloff raised cash to pay jesse money that was "olwed" to him, them or any body but us, us being those that actually work and contribute.
    I wonder if there is a list of corporations that have given in to his corporate shake down tactics,I'd like to boycott them.I know burgerking at one time was a major supporter.Where I live the area wide franchise was appointed to one of jesses' annointed ones,guess what the whole territory shut down,about 14 restaurants.I guess us-es just would not eat there or something.It could not have had anything to do with management or personal responsibility,it must have been a conspiracy or something!!!!

just another 2cents good day

#24     Jan 15, 2003
  5. INTC earnings and corporate reinvestment in development as well as reduced expectation of upcoming ([pipeline]) sales were not what the market wanted to hear.

INTC spread to AMAT, KLAC, telephones, chips and other softare firms.

Anyone could have rung the opening bell, what we are not holding liable are the failed economic policies, and lack there of as cause celebre'.

Perhaps one should look to where responsibility actually does remain and not to those BOLD enough to speak out regarding more "theft of public trust" through deceptive tax policies. Remember, until you're personally cashing those $1,000,000 checks you're just like every other person.

yeah, the rich are really different....

#25     Jan 15, 2003
  6. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

The more I read this stuff , the more I realize how far the human race has to go to reach the level of "humanity" it must attain for all of us to experience the life we were meant to.

#26     Jan 15, 2003
  7. Tea

Tea

Are you saying that the lack of ethics shown by many business leaders and many on Wall Street did not affect the market a while back?

Is it not possible that by having the NYSE honor someone of very questionable financial ethics and morals (adultery) that it was a signal to some people that nothing has changed and their money may not be safe?

There are lots of reasons why the market does what it does. While I agree with most of what you said in the top half of your message - I would not rule out the appearance or reappearance of shady characters on Wall Street as a reason why the market moved.

Dumb idea on the part of the NYSE.

#27     Jan 15, 2003
  8. I listed a few of them above. The Washington Times had a longer list today. The full list that contributed to his foundation are on the FEC website apparently.

I agree it would be a good idea for customers and shareholders to let these cowardly CEO's know that we don't appreciate their empowering this loudmouth bully. Some of the companies are hard to believe. I mean what the hell is NASCAR afraid of? Their fan base has no use for Jackson or the policies he pushes.

#28     Jan 15, 2003
  9. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

Dear Vinny
    God help us all if you are representative of the United States.

What ever happened to "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal"

I forgive you your bigotry, as the bible says, "forgive those who trespass against us, for they know not what they do."

#29     Jan 15, 2003
  10. I'm sure that there are many persons there that fit that billing (being of questionable moral character / adultery). Popularity, Infamy, or Being a Public Figure always (unfortunately) magnifies ones conduct (whether questionalbe, common or unethical).

Incidently, that equally applies to just about any discussion. Some skeptical lawyers and such, would say that there are only two types of persons, those who have been caught... (can you finish the rest)....

Frankly, I do know that "sending messages", well, we are so far beyond that, because, we as traders actually send our money behind each and every trade.

Would you say that perhaps the persons chosen to ring the closing bell have some mystical contribution to the closing prices? Obviously, the factors that contribute to the closing prices and trading that begins 40 mins before the close are more contributory than "who" rings the bell or not.

Just trying to "keep our eyes on the economic" issues and not the window dressing issues...

#30     Jan 15, 2003