Poll- Best % return in 2006

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Longhorns, Dec 29, 2005.

Poll- Best % return in 2006?

1. S&P 500

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Nikkei

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Emerging Markets

20 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Gold

25 vote(s)
    29.8%
  5. Oil

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Natural Gas

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Other (please post)

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. waxwing

waxwing

Just a thought, I'm no expert on these things - but how about Uranium?

#21     Dec 30, 2005
  2. Cameco Corporation (NYSE:CCJ) is engaged in exploring, developing, mining and milling uranium ore to produce uranium concentrates. The Company is also a commercial converter of uranium concentrates (U3O8) to UF6 (uranium hexafluoride), as well as a supplier of services to convert uranium concentrates to UO2 (uranium dioxide). Cameco, through its subsidiaries, has a 31.6% limited partnership interest in Bruce Power Limited Partnership, which operates six nuclear reactors in Ontario, Canada. Cameco also owns 53% of Centerra Gold Inc. (TSX: CG), a growth-oriented gold mining and exploration company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and operation of gold properties in Central Asia, the former Soviet Union and other emerging markets.

Cameco's stock has returned an 83% in 2005.

#22     Dec 30, 2005
  3. mhashe

mhashe

going to say selective US stocks. Primarily due to smart real estate investors cashing out early and foreign inflows looking for relative safety. Areas? maybe Junior Mining and Financials.

#23     Dec 30, 2005
  4. For a second I thought we were sharing information to make money off of. I really do agree with you then and will not post in your thread. I do not want to participate in a poll that nobody takes seriously and would want to put their money where their mouth is.

Anyway, what is the point of this poll if it was not to find something to make money off of?

Nevertheless, as you requested, i will not post anymore in your thread and "simple poll" from here on out.

Best of luck in the New Year!

#24     Dec 30, 2005
  5. I hate when that happens.

#25     Dec 30, 2005
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Wow! I'm a genius. I'm huge! I'm better than Mr. Market!:D :D :D (Well, actually, I thought this would be good for a laugh. :cool: )

#26     Jan 9, 2006
  7. I'll go out on a limb.

Gold is going to $700 an ounce in the next 36 months.

Runningbear

#27     Jan 9, 2006
  8. I'll see your $700 and raise you to $900

#28     Jan 9, 2006