Poll- Best % return in 2006

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Longhorns, Dec 29, 2005.

Poll- Best % return in 2006?

1. S&P 500

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Nikkei

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Emerging Markets

20 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Gold

25 vote(s)
    29.8%
  5. Oil

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Natural Gas

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Other (please post)

7 vote(s)
    8.3%

1. If your goal is to talk about what a lot of people can understand and whats "hottest"and what people can relate too, your choices above are good.

If your goal is to make the best return with the current capital you have, then it looks like Grob109 gave you a more focused and better alternative answer then just voting in the "other" category.

Obviously, as you state, there are hundreds of alternative places to put money to work BUT my goal is to make the best return in the future. Therefore, I find his focused addition inciteful and helpful for making money.

Do not try to remember that YOU asked for PEOPLE TO PLEASE POST the OTHER alternative. He did as you specifically requested. How does answering your specific request make him a troll and lonely at that matter?

#11     Dec 30, 2005
  2. look at riskmanagers post above.... thats your answer!

#12     Dec 30, 2005
  3. Its your answer also! take a look again at that picture......I think we are fulfilling the dumb poll remark made earlier.......what a suprise. But yeah, thats your answer also.......now its definately a dumb poll.

#13     Dec 30, 2005
  4. Japan looks good
    20,000 looks like a nice round number year end for 2006

#14     Dec 30, 2005
  5. huh?? :confused: :confused:

#15     Dec 30, 2005
  6. Here is a quote from another so called Troll.

"This was not a year for macro-sector bets -- whoever bet on sectors, or indexes other than energy, got extremely frustrated," said James Paulsen, chief investment strategist at Wells Capital Management in Minneapolis, with $155 billion in assets under management. "This was the year of individual stocks."

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsa...869571_RTRUKOC_0_US-MARKETS-STOCKS.xml&rpc=23

#16     Dec 30, 2005
  7. Aaron

Aaron

With currently 20 votes for gold and 1 for the S&P, would the contrarian short gold and buy stocks?

Me -- I think long MSFT/short GOOG is _the_ trade for 2006. We'll see!

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#17     Dec 30, 2005
  8. BSAM

BSAM

First of all.....Longhorns, it's a good poll. Disregard the naysayers.

Best % return in 2006?.....No idea. However, I will guess the Dow, at some point, closes over 11,000.

Aaron.....Gutsy call. Don't see very much of that around here.

Happy New Year everybody.....Don't drink and drive. Grob109 and Tradingbug.....Don't drink and post.

#18     Dec 30, 2005
  9. Maybe next time I'll start a poll with 4000 different individual stock choices (foreign and domestic) as well as a few thousand other alternative investments and then Grob and friends can give me their exact choices for the New Year. Would that make everyone happy?

It's fairly simple. The poll allows for a MAXIMUM of 10 choices. I chose the 6 most frequently talked about by traders on this website. If you don't like the poll, DON"T ANSWER and STAY OFF THE THREAD. It's not like anyone is investing off of the answers. It's a simple poll.

#19     Dec 30, 2005
  10. I agree with you Schindler, when everyone is so bearish about stocks it means that this is the time to load the truck.

People are bearish due to to the inverted yield curve with the idea that it predicts a recession, but I'm more of the idea that it predicts a cut in short-term rates in the future leading stocks to better times.

Event that is more likely to happen now that the infamous Alan Greenspan is headed towards retirement. Greenspan has been more negative to the United States than Osama Bin Laden. His effect will be more lasting than 9/11.

#20     Dec 30, 2005