Poll- Best % return in 2006

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Longhorns, Dec 29, 2005.

Poll- Best % return in 2006?

1. S&P 500

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Nikkei

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Emerging Markets

20 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Gold

25 vote(s)
    29.8%
  5. Oil

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Natural Gas

12 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Other (please post)

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Which one do you think will have the best performance in 2006?

2. At last count the Nikkei was up somewhere in the vicinity of 40+% since May, 2005. I will be very scared if the Nikkei approaches anywhere near that percentage return in the coming year.

3. dac8555

dac8555

i think people will be trying to combat the onslaught of oil and natural gas...they should drop some, stabalize at the worst. it has gone up too much too fast without a significant change in supply/demand scenario.

i think domestics are going to bear the brunt of the beginnings of a recession due to housing, inverted yild curve, and a halt in interest rates, signifying that the fed doe not want to slow the economy any more.

The best best for me is emerging markets. they will benefit with lower prices and wages vs. the USA. they may also benefit with a weakening dollar if a recession sets in.

4. So far gold is a big favorite...and not a single vote for either Japanese or U.S. stocks. :eek:

5. The winner every year are the micro universes of stocks and the leveraged commodities future indexes traded with a neutral bias.

What a dumb poll.

6. SOYBEANS!
    :p

7. look what the cat dragged in

8. [​IMG]

9. Obviously, there are hundreds of alternative places to put money to work. I chose to list some of the most popular and hottest at this point in time.

Only a lonely troll would make a statement like you did.

10. That is not a mere troll......... that is Grob109 the legendary trader.... and be careful, he has a legion of followers here! His intelligence is far beyond that of ordinary men. If you show promise, he may...may.... evaluate you to see if you warrant further attention from him.

I of course failed to warrant any further attention from him... for i am just another mediocre trader... nothing to write home about. Your IQ needs to be around 190 in order to understand his alien ramblings... an overload for my little bird brain.

NEVERTHELESS..... you should be honored that he has commented on your thread... for his postings are few and far in between.

#10     Dec 30, 2005