POLL...Best API for for IB order entry...

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Breakout, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Precisely and well said. The web addresses for the main contenders are:

www.ninjatrader.com
    www.bracket-trader.com
    www.buttontrader.com
    www.futures-trader.net

Let the jury decide.

#31     Sep 20, 2003
  2. He is the developer of NinjaTrader. He also happens to be a trader which I for one appreciate, because he talks the language of traders and understands their needs. Let's just say that not all software developers are also traders. But do look at all products and check out all developers before reaching any conclusion for yourself.

#32     Sep 20, 2003
  3. fabrizio

fabrizio

Dear ELITE TRADER

Those API , expecially the ones that I thoroughfully Know, have reached status of bit more of a simple API.

It would be very nice from you to insert the most voted inside the "Newest Software Reviews" area.

This will give to everyone the chanche to post their opinion in detail on what is this new area of trading.

I would really appreciate the chance.

Thanks

Fabrizio

#33     Sep 20, 2003
  4. The numbers speak for themselves - more people are using Ninja than any other product. Opposite order for Sell/Buy columns? I've got no idea what you are talking about, sorry. By the way, one mouse click is all you need to place ANY order in Ninja when you use the SuperDom which is by far the best aspect of the whole program. Bracket-trader's little Dome is mickey mouse by comparison. Ray thinks IB should change their "TWS design"??? What are you talking about?!!! Ray, like Pretzel, like Hoi and many other developers are often fed up with the API design (with all it's bugs and problems that require extra programming workarounds). Who the hell cares what the TWS window looks like, once you use one of these front-end products anyway? I certainly don't care to have anything match that clutzy window. The only reason I have it displayed is to check my orders are working OK.

Check the numbers again. Most people use NT. It's my opinion that the freeloaders too cheap to pay for a quality product will go to Bracket-Trader with it's patchy support and quirky problems. The geeks will go to Button. The guys who've been using Futures-Trader will stay there because they know the product. The vast majority of new front-end users who aren't afraid to pay something, will go to Ninja. It's already happening.

But hey, that's just my $0.02 on what's going on.

#34     Sep 20, 2003
  5. Are you kidding me? How long have I been on this board, how many posts have I made and how many mentioned ButtonTrader? Give us a break!

Regarding my performance - You might be surprised. Regarding simplicity - No, BT is not simple in the sense of comprehensiveness - But yes, it is simple to understand if you just need the basics.

And by the way - Do we have a "so-called supporter" of NinjaTrader here? LOL! :)

I don't think about BT's comprehensiveness as a "weakness" at all. I see it as a strength - But yeah, there are always two sides to each argument. As the proverb goes: "On the opposite of a fundamental truth you can find an equally fundamental truth."

Effort? Can you do me a favor, please and define effort?

And are you saying that reading the "1000 pages" manual of BT is "effort"? I can do it in a day - Can't you?

BT is all of clean, intuitive to use (are you kidding me?), has a fantastic interface and great support.

Regarding ORDER ENTRY vs rocket science - I'm not talking about mere order entry. BT is about advanced trade management. The time invested into learning a few basic things will pay off hundred-fold in the future in terms of losses prevented, better order entries triggered (i.e. group strategies) and better exit management. I trade futures (and I trade them exclusively), so don't tell me it's unneccessary. BT is a hell of a tool for that.

"What lights the fire of real traders" - LOL. Get a grip, boy. I'm not saying that BT will make you more money - I'm saying it can save you lots of time & trouble.

Hmm... You have a very loose lip. You shouldn't get so angry, that's detrimental to trading performance. Regarding the "DAX" - You mean Deutscher Aktien Index? Your suggestions of what I know or don't or what futures are, are insulting, to say the least. I have lived in Germany for over 15 years, and I'll take a confident guess I know more about the DAX than you can even dream about. Today, I trade mainly the US Index Futures, ES & NQ, but also occassionally the Australian markets, the HKFE and the European futures.

I expect your apologies for those insults. You can be honest, but you can only go so far. Thanks for your consideration.

Compliments
    Scientist.

#35     Sep 20, 2003
  6. One way of landing a new wave of subscribers is to make sure that your platform can handle IB's AdvisorAccounts (when you trade more than one account with one click of a button). Currently no one of the mentioned programs is offering this capability but I understand the ButtonTrader is working on it. Makes good business sense.
    Happy Trading!

Birgulino

#36     Sep 20, 2003
  7. I'm not here to pick a fight with you because I have better things to do with my time. As for expecting an apology ...keep on dreaming. You decided to personalise things at the moment you said I was probably in the wrong profession (trading) if I couldn't understand ButtonTrader. I hadn't attacked you personally had I before that? That comment does make you a pompous arse and you deserve whatever colourful responses followed.

I read several documents from ButtonTrader including a 27 page document on scalping the indices which is what I do. It was clear to me that to use the product to the full would require a huge time investment with an outcome that was very unlikely to enhance my profitability. It is not a lean and mean piece of software ...the phrase 'bloatware' comes to mind. I suspect it will never get past a small hardcore following because of these limitations.

Listen, if you like ButtonTrader....more power to you. Really, I am happy for you if it is helping you make more money. But the fact is that it hasn't taken off the way Hoi hoped for, while Ninja grows at the fastest pace of all the current products and remains head and shoulders, the most widely used product. I also note that now that more people are seeing this thread, the more people are voting for Ninja.

Good trading to you, Scientist. Sorry, but that name does conjure up an image of big horn rimmed glasses and doesn't help your case :)

#37     Sep 20, 2003
  8. nononsense:cool:

#38     Sep 20, 2003
  9. DaveN

DaveN

This has been a fruitful and useful discussion; however, while good points are being made, it is also starting to get a bit heated. Please keep the discussion centered on the products, user experiences, and facts as you know them.

Refrain from personal attacks, or I will start editing and deleting. I realize this can be difficult when posters feel strongly about a subject or product, but please take the time to do so. Thanks.

#39     Sep 20, 2003
  10. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

My choice: Autotrader! Easy, slim, best replay features ,including ensign files, TWS simulation during replay, and donation-ware. Win/linux .

Hittfeld

#40     Sep 20, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.