POLL: Are you obsessed with trading?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by candletrader, Apr 30, 2003.

1. I am always looking for arbitrage opportunities and inefficiencies in everyday things (i.e. restaurant menus). I figure there has got to be a way to make a market in them somehow, but the barriers to entry are so damn high. Also, the first conscious thought I have every morning, after shutting off the alarm clock, is "How can I make money today?"

#11     Apr 30, 2003
  2. prox

prox

glad I wasn't the only one who picked 3

#12     May 1, 2003
  3. Thanx ice.....I did vote for number 2, but I may have been fooling myself. Good job on the those chart patterns..that does officially make you a trading junkie...Iomega, huh?!? That was one of the first stocks I sold back in 1996 when I was a retail broker...geeeezzzzzzzz....back in the day

#13     May 1, 2003
  4. means to a monetary end.

Are the most obsessed the most profitable?

#14     May 1, 2003
  5. At that time... that was the talk of the town about a "bubble" stock... long before anyone thought about AMZN or QCOM going to the moon.

And it was one of the first to V top as I recall.

Ice:cool:

#15     May 1, 2003
  6. Anyone on this site is by definition obsessed. When you think about it, why would you ever want to spend your days doing something you're not obsessed about? The tricky part is, yes ultimately it is about the money. Don't ever kid yourself about that. But I bet plenty of us could make more doing something else, at least for maybe three years out of every four. But it's like golf, that fourth year will being you back.

#16     May 1, 2003
  7. yeah, I havent reffered back to the chart....but I do recall it being toppy before the implosion.

#17     May 1, 2003
  8. Speak for yourself, I barely graduated high school. The finance industry is one of the only industries in the world where all you need is a 12 grade education, a superior work ethic, king kong balls and a "I dont give a fuck attitude" and make 6 or 7 figures year in and year out......I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!!!!!!

#18     May 1, 2003