POLL: Are you a home run champ or a batting average champ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by candletrader, Jun 8, 2003.

1. pretzel

pretzel

You can have both, just do multiple contracts with the last contract a "runner" for the home run.

pretzel

#21     Jun 9, 2003
  2. That is exactly what I do. I like having the high winning % but I also like have the chance to hit one over the centerfield wall.

#22     Jun 9, 2003
  3. Nordic

Nordic

I read this same article. Talk about a fence swinger. This guy is/was Dave Kingman times three

#23     Jun 9, 2003
  4. Osiris

Osiris

Can you explain this a bit more for a newbie, i think i get what you mean but I am not quite sure.

Thx in advance :)

#24     Jun 9, 2003
  5. One has to realize when in a home run situation; then swing.

Banks at BKX 665, was a home-run for us. Sold most Friday.

Other than that, consistency counts, especially with losers, keep 'em small always.

best,
    david

#25     Jun 9, 2003
  6. I mean have two methods, one for home runs, one for high average, and trade both as the situation permits.

#26     Jun 10, 2003
  7. pretzel

pretzel

If you have an original system with a target of 10 points (the low probability homerun) and you're stopped out, chances are the market will go at least a little way in your direction first (the high probability scalp) before reversing and stopping out.

Using the same system, if trade another contract with the target at the closer point, chances are you will hit your target easier than the homerun. So, if the first target is hit and you move the stop for the 2nd contract (the runner) to breakeven - you can go for the homerun riskless and with at least a few points in your pocket already.

pretzel

#27     Jun 10, 2003
  8. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

exactly...

#28     Jun 10, 2003