Poll: Are Far Right ideologues brilliantly deep thinkers or pathologically delusional

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brass, Feb 29, 2012.

Are Far Right ideologues brilliantly deep thinkers or pathologically delusional?

1. Brilliantly deep thinkers

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Pathologically delusional

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. Brass

Brass

Jem keeps trying to equate the exception with the rule and use it as an operating principle despite overwhelming empirical evidence to the contrary. Jem is special.

#31     Feb 29, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

So IOW...I'm right and you won't admit it.

#32     Feb 29, 2012
  3. Nonsense. One can only say that out of ignorance, NOT reasonably because the lag times are minuscule compared to the cycle lengths. Not to mention this is an accepted fact and there are several hypothesized reasons for it.

[​IMG]

#33     Feb 29, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

You're like the energizer bunny of daft that just keeps on giving and giving.

I suggest you continue your discourse with someone who is your intellectual equal. A potato, perhaps. Or Trader666. Either/or. And then there's always jem...

#34     Feb 29, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

The assumption here is that a short lag time is more "causative" than a longer one. Fits Occam's Razor, but is it necessarily true?

Anyway, God started this with the creation of plants which, when they began emitting CO2, started the warming.

#35     Feb 29, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Ricter, would you agree that Trader666 is a useful idiot for Big Oil? Also, how would you characterize the Right's response to this thread thus far? Consistent with the underlying premise of the thread? And since such responses have been fairly representative of the type of responses typical of this contingent, did I possibly exaggerate? Please advise.

#36     Feb 29, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I'm trying to refrain from ad hominem arguing.

Yes, the responses are typical (for here).

#37     Feb 29, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

That's certainly not causing Trader666 to refrain from sending an ad hominem or two your way, is it?

Very well then. Do you think Trader666 a useful pawn for Big Oil?

#38     Feb 29, 2012
  9. You're obfuscating and given the premise of this "thread" you're also showing your hypocrisy.

I gave two examples of YOUR ignorance of climate change... the first was your ignorance of how melting ice can affect ocean currents and cause cooling http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3411641#post3411641 and the second was your nonsensical claim here that "since it's a cycle, one can just as reasonably say that CO2 precedes warming."

Don't smear others and play "holier than thou" when you're the one with his head up his ass.

#39     Feb 29, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Ok, this is far enough for me.

#40     Feb 29, 2012