Poll: Are Far Right ideologues brilliantly deep thinkers or pathologically delusional

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brass, Feb 29, 2012.

Are Far Right ideologues brilliantly deep thinkers or pathologically delusional?

1. Brilliantly deep thinkers

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Pathologically delusional

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. Brass

Brass

Perhaps. But unlike ours, theirs is a bigger challenge, because they must relentlessly keep dismissing the continually streaming evidence that flies in the face of their beliefs. Nothing short of heroic, really.

#11     Feb 29, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I'm glad it wasn't a zero chance, non-existence would... suck?

And then it cools, over and over again. Like a circle. Therefore it's just as true to say accumulating CO2 precedes warming.

Four tax cuts among thousands of tax increases. Just on preponderance alone one could say that tax increases had more influence in making the US the greatest empire the world has ever known.

Fair enough. The church aint getting back to where it used to be. Not until the collapse of civilization, anyway.

#12     Feb 29, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

But did all of those tax cuts actually pay for themselves? They may have raised revenues a bit, but was it enough to pay for themselves, i.e., cover their own "cost?" To someone such as jem, who is ostensibly concerned with the deficit and the national debt, you would think that the latter consideration would be dominant.

#13     Feb 29, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

The Right is working on that very project, looking to sideline government and cooperative society. Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, bought a gun recently?

#14     Feb 29, 2012
  5. 1 ....So I gather you've never been to a museum of natural history.

2 ..... We've been through this already. You're an idiot that is unable to make even a tiny logical connection in your brain or recognize basic facts about climate science.

3.... So if there was no taxes there would be no deficit. And up is down.

4.....Unless that church is part of the US and has employees that are not of that religion. Your little club of theological psychos don't get to make your own laws that supercede the government's. Deal with it. You can't have everything.

#15     Feb 29, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

You might want to remind Pelosi and Obama. I hear they're both calling for tax cuts of one kind or another. They're claiming the cuts are needed.

#16     Feb 29, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Well, if "revenues went up", from where they were, then it follows that... revenues were up and the cuts were covered.

#17     Feb 29, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

Relief for the middle class, so say thank you. That is a cost of easing out of the economic turmoil. Meanwhile, the rich should manage to get by without any such accommodation, don't you think? Or are they the truly vulnerable?

#18     Feb 29, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

"...Shorthand: The tax cuts did pay for themselves a little bit by inducing growth, but not nearly enough to pay for themselves entirely..."

http://www.slate.com/articles/busin...x_cuts_ever_increase_government_revenues.html

(As you know, this was originally your link in another thread. I merely appropriated it repeatedly.)

#19     Feb 29, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D
    So you're constantly ranting about how evil and ridiculous the whole idea of ANY tax cuts are, except when a democrat proposes the cuts.

LOL Jeezus H Christ Gabby. What do you dress up as for Halloween parties? A hypocrite?

#20     Feb 29, 2012