Politifact: Republicans More Dishonest Than Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Republicans are dishonest — especially highly dishonest — significantly more often than Democrats.

Politifact offers six categories for claims made by politicians and pundits: true, mostly true, half true, mostly false, false and pants on fire. By nearly every measure, Republicans are found to be considerably more likely to be distorting the facts with their statements.
    http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatc...ct-republicans-more-dishonest-than-democrats/

2. Holy shit. I'm for sure gonna vote for Obama now!!

Thank you!

3. No . . . . please dont.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm STILL voting for ABO.

5. kut2k2

kut2k2

Nothing surprising here. The Repugs have been trending towards overall pathological dishonesty ever since Nixon.

6. I don't have a problem with that..

If you have any self respect you need to lie and be lied too.

Moral of the story.

"Don't tell me, show me."

7. The problem for democrats is that when they speak the truth this sort of thing happens to them:

Former Democrat Representative and Obama Supporter Artur Davis: “You leave a party because on a whole range of issues you just don’t feel the comfort, you don’t feel at home anymore. That’s where I am but I’m not alone. Millions of Americans who supported the Democratic Party four years ago have left because they no longer see their views and their common sense represented in the Democratic Party.“

8. that is because obama governs as a moderate republican.

9. Okey dokey. Nothing more 'nauseating' than a moderate republican attacking private equity. I hear them do it all the time!!

"The highly public defection of Newark Mayor Cory Booker, calling the attacks on Bain "nauseating," certainly got Obama's attention. So much so that enough pressure was exerted on the mayor that he issued a self-repudiation video that might as well have had the mayor blinking S-O-S in Morse code. Follow this with respected people and allies like Deval Patrick, and Hillary enthusiasts Ed Rendell and Bob Shrum, and most of all employ the biggest gun of all, Bill Clinton. The denials and clarifications don't matter at all. The message to Obama is unmistakable: it is war. We don't have your back."

#10     Jun 12, 2012