Politico Debate Hits New Low

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Sep 8, 2011.

1. OK, it was pretty hard to get past the fact that the republican debate was aired on MSNBC, the most vile network on cable. Their pre and post debate panelists were almost parodies of the fawing pro-obama far left . Seriously, does anyone thing Al Sharpton has anything insightful to say about a republican debate?

The actual debate was more like a joint Romney-Perry news conference, with occasional sound bites form the "lesser" candidates. I found it offensive and unfair. If a candidate isn't a serious candidate, don't have them at the debate. If they are there, they should be given an equal chance. Ron Paul has won numerous straw polls, etc but barely was given a chance to speak. Huntsman, who polls far below Paul, was given far more opportunities, but of course, he is the media's new favorite.

The questioning was clearly intended not to illuminate but to foment argument between the candidates. Gingrich to his credit saw right through it and called them on it. I am not a big fan of his, but I have to say the man is very good at these debates, has a lot of compelling ideas and presents them well.

All in all, a hideous job by MSNBC and NBC.

2. pspr

pspr

You watched BSNBC before and after the actual debate? You, of all people, should have known better.

3. Max E.

Max E.

I thought the same thing, it was pretty obvious that they were just trying to make the candidates fight with each other. I like the joke Mitt Romney made about Al Gore inventing the internet, that was probably the highlight of the night for me, i noticed even though they played all the clips of Romney and Perry going at it with each other they sure didnt play that one,i bet all those liberals at MSNBC were just frothing over that one.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sounds like I didn't miss anything by not watching it.

5. JamesL

JamesL

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qtkSFGkjaXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. g222

g222

Quote from AAAintheBeltway:

Seriously, does anyone thing Al Sharpton has anything insightful to say about ... ANYTHING ?????

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

N O !

8. g222

g222

Quote from lucrum:

Say what ???

9. He is a useful reminder of the thuggishness of the left. They are full of moral self-righteousness, which comes spewing out in episodes like the Arizona shooting, but in reality they are very comfortable with the worst sorts of goons.

He serves another function. Anyone who tuned to MSNBC by accident, not realizing that they had stumbled into a cesspool, would be alerted by his presence to immediately change channels.

10. Eight

Eight

Sharpton is pretty bright sometimes, didn't he say: "Hey, let's share all the wealth and give me a bunch"?

#10     Sep 8, 2011