Political Scientist: Republicans Most Conservative They've Been In 100 Years

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 2, 2012.

1. this low:

WASHINGTON — When people heard that Mitt Romney’s federal income tax rate was about 15 percent, the immediate reaction of many was to assume that their own rate was higher. The top marginal rate is 35 percent, after all, and the marginal rate on a couple with $70,000 in taxable income is 25 percent.
    The truth is that most households probably pay a lower rate than Mr. Romney. It is impossible to know for sure, given that he has yet to release his tax return. What is clear, though, is that a large majority of American households — about two out of three — pays less than 15 percent of income to the federal government, through either income taxes or payroll taxes.

All told, most households pay less than 15 percent of their income to the federal government because of tax breaks, like the exclusion for health insurance, and because marginal rates apply to only a small part of a taxpayer’s income. On the first $70,000 of a couple’s taxable income, the total federal income tax rate is only 13.8 percent.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/20/u...h-and-why-theyre-wrong.html?_r=3&ref=business

#31     May 2, 2012
  2. Of course I know your cut in paste (above ) is a red herring diversion How about answering the fricken question?

#32     May 2, 2012
  3. reading comprehension problem?

#33     May 2, 2012
  4. Yes evidently you do, so I'll repeat the question
    V E R Y - S L O W L Y for you.

What marginal tax rate do you consider a "low tax bracket"?

#34     May 2, 2012
  5. the one mentioned in the article. sorry if you have to read something that doesnt fit what you have been told to believe before you get it but its for your own good.

#35     May 2, 2012
  6. Which one?

#36     May 2, 2012
  7. That's it pee drinker run away without giving a direct answer.

You act like I'm requesting some sort of dark secret revelation :D

#37     May 3, 2012
  8. pee drinker. now that cute. you are showing the mental maturity of a teenager. this place need a maturity test.

#38     May 3, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

"Taxes are too high!" when we're evaluating Obama and the federal government, but "taxes are low" when we're evaluating Romney's tax rate and comparing it to what most Americans pay.

#39     May 3, 2012
  10. rew

rew

The cheap labor "conservatives" have always been happy with illegal immigrants. They're the ones who hire them. As for health care, the brute reality is that there will always be far higher demand for health care than there will be money to pay for it. So it's an unfixable problem, for the left and the right.

It has been rightly said that all a liberal has to do to become a conservative is keep the same opinions for 20 years. That's what happened to me.

#40     May 3, 2012