Political Correctness Gone Insane

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lucrum, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Just to be clear I don't give a rats ass about her. I don't don't even watch the food network. It's getting terminated over the word nigger uttered years ago, and deservedly so in this case, that irks me.

#11     Jun 22, 2013
  2. fhl

fhl

Me too. Especially since one of the most highly paid white liberal male tv stars of our age was Caught On Audio Tape using the word nigger and absolutely Nothing was said or done about it. No apology necessary. No dismissal from his show ( for that, anyway), no nothing.
    There's a couple of shows on the food network i've enjoyed over the years but i'm done with that network.
    The left couldn't give two cents about the use of the word nigger. They just think it's a good political bludgeon. I have no use for any business or pol that cowtows to it.

#12     Jun 22, 2013
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

My fault. I mis-read the post. I thought it was made illegal. A lot of good that college degree got me for that one.

I'll say God Bless Texas for that one!

#13     Jun 22, 2013
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Bro, I apologize for mis-reading your post in my above reply. I thought it said illegal. Sorry for the reading issue on my end. I love what Texas did! I'm the one who makes sure Christmas cards I send say Merry Christmas, and say it to people often during that time.

#14     Jun 22, 2013
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

I agree with you and Luke. Btw, did she get fired? Didn't know that. Political correctness. Destroying America for decades.:(

#15     Jun 22, 2013
  6. She has no one to blame butter self.

:D ...Aah hahaha ha hah ha ahhhaaaa..:D

#16     Jun 22, 2013
  7. Once you start down the begging for foregiveness road, you are toast. The PC pirates can smell weakness 100 miles away and will never be satisfied.

It's better to just ignore it and move on. If you get fired, you get fired, but at least you retained some self respect.

In this case, I have to blame her lawyer. What kind of idiot lets a public figure admit to this in a deposition? Refuse to answer the question on the ground that it is irrelevant. The worst that happens is at some point down the road the judge orders you to answer it. You can always settle the lawsuit and make it go away in the interim.

#17     Jun 22, 2013
  8. wjk

wjk

Isn't that what the repubs are trying to do with illegals?[​IMG]

#18     Jun 22, 2013
  9. Free market baby. Food network made a judgement call based on the bottom dollar, that's the way business works. It's their duty to the shareholders to try to maximize profits.

#19     Jun 22, 2013
  10. pspr

pspr

You have no idea why they made their decision. Many company decisions aren't just 'bottom dollar.'

It could be reputation, morality, bias, some other dispute with Jones or any number of other factors.

Quit being such a simpleton.

#20     Jun 22, 2013