political compass quiz

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Sep 13, 2003.

1. http://www.politopia.com/interactive_map.htm (you don't need to enter a valid email address to get the results.)

NW-You would feel most at home in the Northwest region. You advocate a large degree of economic and personal freedom. Your neighbors include folks like Ayn Rand, Jesse Ventura, Milton Friedman, and Drew Carey, and may refer to themselves as "classical liberals," "libertarians," "market liberals," "old whigs," "objectivists," "propertarians," "agorists," or "anarcho-capitalist."

2. bump (i gave this thread a bad title)

3. Centreville -You would feel most at home in Centerville, which means that you are more or less pleased the status quo-you think the US government has just about the right amount of control over your economic and personal decisions. Your neighbors include democratic and republican party leaders and others who call themselves "moderates" and "centrists."

Depending on my choices regarding a couple of the options I scored a SE; which lumps me together with Stalin and Hitler. What a crock! Do these idiots even understand that there were HUGE political differences between the two? Btw, it is stupid in the extreme to put down names like Hitler and Stalin, because who the hell would ever want to be compared to those two megalomaniacal murderers? which is the association most people most often make. However, in Hitler's case, it should be noted that apart from the hate speech and anti-semetic policies, his economic measures VASTLY improved the lives of the German people, during the pre war years.

4. Cutten

Cutten

The quiz questions never had answers I would have given. It said things like "The government should do x, y, z etc" and you had to choose one. But my answer would always be "The government should do whatever benefits me personally the most", and this was never an option.

e.g.

"The government should:
    a) Guarantee a job for every citizen.
    b) Raise the minimum wage and increase labor regulations to promote equity and safety.
    c) Maintain minimum wage and labor regulations at current levels.
    d) Lower the minimum wage and decrease labor regulations.
    e) Abolish the minimum wage because it causes unemployment; only enforce labor contracts."

My answer would be f) pay me a stipend of $1 billion per year, and allow me to take any job I choose regardless of the employer's wishes.

or

"The government should:

a) Execute anyone convicted of trafficking drugs.
    b) Step up efforts to fight the war on drugs-stiffer sentences, increased use of civil forfeiture, etc.
    c) Maintain current efforts to fight the war on drugs-including the use of mandatory minimums and civil forfeiture.
    d) Legalize marijuana and ban only hard drugs (e.g., heroin).
    e) Repeal laws prohibiting possession, sale, and use of drugs."

f) personally supply me with the drugs of my choosing, along with a professional medical adviser who could give me the optimal dose to maximise pleasure whilst stopping short of developing addiction or serious health problems. If I became addicted or suffered bad effects, I would receive the best rehab program free of charge.

5. NW here obviously.

...and Hitler & Stalin are VERY similar, and I'm not surprised your possible results came up SE.

Hitler & Stalin- same strategy, same tactics. Statists who enslave everybody to the government by uniting them against a demonized scapegoat (bourgeoisie or Jews) , and promising a utopian society will be the result.