PolishDayTrader - Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by arna, Nov 14, 2014.

1. arna

arna

Once in a while I receive an inquiry how my trading workstation looks like. About my desk setup I mentioned twice already on the site. However it was an old entry. Since then my workstation significantly changed. How it looks like now and what goes where? You will read in this text.

Over the years my trading position underwent a significant change. When still I traded in the trading office, under supervision of the office’s owner, my position had 2 monitors. Next it has been enlarged to 3 monitors. At that time it was sufficient for me.

#61     Dec 30, 2015
  2. arna

arna

We are starting New Year. In 2016 there will be 261 working days, but on some of them we will have a Holidays. Take a look at the list below, where you will find all days that NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX will be closed. I mentioned there also session that will be closed earlier (1 p.m.). Have a great and prosperous 2016!

#62     Jan 1, 2016
  3. arna

arna

Another shorter week. But all in all, there were some “precious” stocks. Amazing move on LEI, just before New Year’s Eve. LEI moved up almost 320% last week. Also take a look at FXCM charts. I like also CMRX, nice move down. Tomorrow first session in 2016. I wish your great year!

[​IMG]

#63     Jan 3, 2016
  4. arna

arna

Welcome to S&P 500 yearly analysis. Last year S&P 500 spike to the all time high. But all in all finished year on red. Charts looks very interesting, especially when we take a look at 2015 yearly candle. Also volume increased last year. Was bigger than in 2014 and also in 2013. But still much lower than <2009.

[​IMG]

#64     Jan 3, 2016
  5. arna

arna

What is the difference between Quotes that you will see on Level I and Level II? You can check it on video below (to add subtitles just check “subtitles below video and choose in settings language that you would like it to be translated).

#65     Jan 5, 2016
  6. arna

arna

Last week market movers. Here you will find some stocks that I’ve been trading, top gainers, review of sectors.

Very bearish start of 2016. I hope this will continue [​IMG] All sectors down, S&P 500 moves more than 100 points down. Many stocks dropped more than 10% (SSR rule that I hate!). Below you will find some stocks that I traded last week. Also take a look at top gainer (yes there were some). Have a great next week!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#66     Jan 10, 2016
  7. arna

arna

Welcome to S&P 500 analysis. One week after my yearly analysis – and S&P 500 did what I was talking about. Even quicker than I thought. There are still some place for move down – especially watching 1893 and 1867 levels. Below that panic could start.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#67     Jan 10, 2016
  8. arna

arna

Another great week! A lot of nice moves both down and up. Love this market. It was second week that I’ve been implementing some modifications into my strategies. Getting better so I’m satisfied. Below you will find some stocks with entries/exits and recap. Have a great next week!

You could think that on bearish market I trade only shorts. That is not true. I also open long position. Like to trade both way – it gives more possibility to earn on market. Below a few charts with stocks that I traded:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#68     Jan 17, 2016
  9. arna

arna

Welcome to S&P 500 analysis. 10 sessions and here we are: S&P 500 just tested last year minimum. What is important – was tested on much more higher volume than the average. But take a look at ETF SPY chart – last year low wasn’t tested there. .
    Reminder: tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day – so US Stock Market is closed.
    Below you will find updated charts of S&P 500 – on hourly, daily and weekly interval!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#69     Jan 17, 2016
  10. arna

arna

Volatility on the market is amazing! Hope this will continue. Short week but with a lot of great movers. Next will more than 700 stock will publish financial reports, so there should be a lot of movers and volume on the market. Have a great next week!

Some stocks that I traded last week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#70     Jan 24, 2016