Police State Road Blocks...get ready for more of this...........

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 5Pillars, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Another ET thread that cracks me up. "War stories" from well bred suburban white folk who were singled out and asked for ID! Oh, the humanity....

This from the same guys who wonder why police can't ask Mexican's to display a valid ID card or face deportation.

#21     Jan 30, 2007
  2. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

I could tell you about the time I was thrown in a Mexican jail.

I fully admit I was a naive, punk, freshman college student. But shit man, can a fricking cop walk up to any "well bred suburban white folk" on the fricking street and demand identification?! "Facism" has been a regular topic on this board ... that borders it.

Not long after I graduated, the local cops were handing out $40,000 dollar fines for house parties. That's right FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS for "operating taverns without licenses."

Moral of the story, if you aren't doing anything wrong, don't do anything wrong.

#22     Jan 30, 2007
  3. Borders it? That is it. Back during the cold war, one of the ways we, in the US, used to distinguish ourselves from them under the 'Iron curtain' of totalitarianism was that they could be stopped at any time and asked to produced 'papers'.

#23     Jan 30, 2007
  4. A suspect doesn't have to be violating the law to give the police probable cause to detain them, ask questions or search them. They only need a reasonable suspiscion, which can be a taillight being out, an obscured license plate or erratic driving suggesting DUI.

#24     Jan 30, 2007
  5. Cutten

Cutten

And that's a sad state of affairs. Why do you guys tolerate such a neanderthal neo-nazi police force?

#25     Feb 14, 2007
  6. Cutten

Cutten

Repeat the phrase "Your papers, please", in a germanic accent, sufficient times until you start to get the chills & images of gas chambers flash through your mind. Then remind yourself you are in 2007 America and people are getting asked the same thing, and being hauled off to jail if they don't comply.

#26     Feb 14, 2007
  7. are u guys aware of the huge concentration camps built by fema?

they are massive and can accommodate 100s of thousands of americans.

have u seen them?

#27     Feb 14, 2007
  8. Are you allowed to carry a gun in your car Cutten? Your home? On your person in a bar? We are.

The U.K. is WAY MORE oppressive than the States.

#28     Feb 14, 2007

9. china is now looking up to the uk as an example to follow. go figure.

#29     Feb 14, 2007
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

funny how this could happy just about anywhere on this planet...the bottom line is you zip it and pretty much and be on your way. Unless of course you are in lets say somewhere like the dominican republic and then you just have to grease the wheels :D

#30     Feb 14, 2007