Police State Road Blocks...get ready for more of this...........

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 5Pillars, Jan 2, 2007.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

or that it happened here in Miami....there's a good chance he might have gotten a lil bitch slap talking this way to an officer ( after being given his license back )..i kid you not...camera or not.

#11     Jan 29, 2007
  2. Arnie

Arnie

Those guys aren't cops...........they're pigs. Kid ought to sue 'em. Something similar happened to a black guy here in Va. State Trooper pulled him over and then started seaching his car for no reason. He even called for a K-9 unit to sniff around. Found nothing which is really beside the point since they had no reason to search. They settled that one out of court ($50k) and he got an apology too. I hate a bad cop.

#12     Jan 29, 2007
  3. I have a problem with nosey cops who want to "talk" or want to come into your house when there's no need for them to, then they want to use the restroom, so they can snoop.

I also reject the idea that people driving lawfully on a public highway are obligated to explain what they're doing to cops. If it is someone who looks suspicious cruising around a residential area late at night, that's a different story. I'm sure ZZZ or other lib's will say that is profiling and racism, but to me there is a vast difference.

Having said all that, I would advise people, particularly young people, not to do what this guy did. He got some minor harrassment. A lot of police departments, he might have gotten a flashlight up side his head and a charge of resisting arrest.

#13     Jan 29, 2007
  4. #14     Jan 29, 2007
  5. The problem is some racists and bigoted cops always think certain types of people look suspicious...and excuse me, but is there some law in "looking suspicious?" It is highly subjective, and not a crime to even "look like a criminal."

Try doing some time as "The Watermelon Man" AAA, then get back to us with your findings...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon_Man_(film)

"Suspicious looking" is not necessarily an objective standard. If the cops were forced to video record all of their observations of "suspicious behavior" to justify their work, we might see less abuse of power by cops...

#15     Jan 29, 2007
  6. Not even half way right Z.

You have to understand, the intricate details of rumour, bullshit, and just plain bollocks they are subject too.
    Most of it it, from their own establishment, in fact-something with little or no bearing in fact, or reality, much less court proven, will be given the weight of 1000 elephants if a "cop" says it, completely regardless of any realistic or factual basis.

In this manner, they "create" a momentum of their own, rather like religious fanatics.
    JMO.

#16     Jan 30, 2007
  7. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

.......similiar thing happened to me in college.

A few people and I were walking out of a house party (sober even) and down the sidewalk when two bull-dyke bitch cops cut off our paths with their squad car... Long story short, I must have had a civics course that day, because I refused to give up my personal information, ended up in jail with an "Obstructing the duties of a peace officer" and fined close to a grand.

I'M BEING TOTALLY HONEST ... I showed no disrespect, I simply refused to give up my identification, I was simply walking down the f*ing street and believed they had no right to harrass us. Bull dyke bitch just wanted to prove she had balls.

Funny thing was, I was let out and didn't pay the fine until half a year later when the same Bull Dyke Bitch cop busted me for riding my bike through a red light ... by that time I had a fricking warrant out ... fucking woman cop.

#17     Jan 30, 2007

8. Yeah, well that'll learn ya to attend a "house party":), wont it.

Drugged out hippie 's.........
    Respect may O'thorotay, beatch.
    (cartman, south park).

You see, law enforcement officials have forgotten they are human beings.
    That's the reality, what is a felony if someone else is doing it, is " standard procedure" for them.

And they have an inbuilt "right" to do things anyone else would serve life for, such is their inherent psychopathy.

They can't understand the difference, such is the cognitive schism their training enforce's.

#18     Jan 30, 2007
  9. I agree it is subject to abuse. The other side is that cops develop a sixth sense for things. Through experience, they know when something isn't right. Old car with minorities late at night in a rich neighborhood to any reasonable person looks suspicious. To liberals, watching them is a clear case of racism and a civil rights violation.

I have a lot of trouble with the cop culture. At the same time, I know they have an incredibly difficult job. They never know when they stop someone if the person will whip out a gun and start shooting. Cops have to make very difficult judgments in the heat of the moment with no warning. I may not always agree with them, but Ithink it is common sense not to go out of your way to make their jobs more difficult.

#19     Jan 30, 2007
  10. Behavior is demonstrable, recordable, verifiable, etc.

A "sixth sense" is not.

I am not opposed to profiling of behavior, if the standards are objective and reasonable. As I have mentioned before, it is not a violation of any law I know of to "look suspicious" or even look like a criminal.

Race, religion, etc. are not behaviors directly, so I don't support profiling of race or religion, etc.

We saw the incident at the airports, where the Muslim men were detained, because their behavior was noticed by many to be suspicious. Their behavior, not their garb, or religion, or race.

Had these men acted normally, there would have been no issue.

By the way, seen any lawsuits filed by these men yet for harassment?

Nope, because their behavior was suspicious, and many people observed it.

We need cops, don't get me wrong. However, power can go to the heads of many people, some people become cops not really to protect and serve, but for the power trip.

We need vigilance to observe behavior that is truly suspicious and warrants examination, and equally we need to be vigilant not to allow racists or power freaks to abuse their position.

Power corrupts, this is a fact of life, seen from the beginning of recorded history.

Power to the people simply means that the power ultimately is in the hands of the people, not in the hands of lawmakers, or those who execute the law.

You know AAA, if you weren't so partisan, I think you would probably see more of the abuse of power by the current administration. For nearly 6 years they darn near absolute power controlling all branches of government.

If dems had the same power, I would be just as concerned.

I think you should be concerned as well...

#20     Jan 30, 2007