Police Brutality In Philadephia In Beating Of Suspects

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 19, 2008.

1. achilles28

achilles28

When you're definition of 'good policing' includes tasering kindergarteners and beatdowns on wheelchair bound seniors, yea, the Police are doing a great job!!

I am all for GOOD COPS, that actually investigate crime and respect the citizens Constitutional Rights.

We need a lot more of those.

Unfortunately, most cops just go along to get along.

#31     May 22, 2008
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Its not their job to PREVENT crime.

Its their job to INVESTIGATE crime.

Police rarely investigate robbery, burglary, car theft. etc.

Theres no money in it for them.

#32     May 22, 2008
  3. I ask again: Are you basing all of this on personal experience or what you see and read. Based on your video comment above, it sounds like you're basing most of this on YouTube videos and the like.

In the past couple of years in my neighborhood I have seen three cases of cops chasing car thieves. After crashing the cars, the thieves got out on foot and gave the cops a hell of a run for their money through the neighborhood. But they were run down and caught.

Also, when I had issues with noisy neighbors last year (blasting rap and swearing at 4 AM), the cops that responded were all professional and got the problem resolved. I actually felt bad to have to call them on a lousy disturbing the peace call when I knew they had better things to do, but they were very cool and said they would do the same thing if they were in my shoes.

#33     May 23, 2008
  4. achilles28

achilles28

You've had 4 (four) personal encounters with Cops.

There are **hundreds** of reports of police brutality, zealous tazering, laying of false charges, pure bully tactics that come out every year.

How much more go totally unreported? Easily several times that.

So I ask you, which is a more logical bell weather of police culture? Your four experiences? Or the hundreds of reports on TV/Newspapers/Internet?

My personal experience has been checkered. As a young man, not so long ago, I was routinely pulled over in my native Canada for doing nothing other than being a young male, driving a car. Police can do that here. Often they would rudely demand to know what where and why I was driving to my girlfriends, the grocery store or some other mundane, everyday destination we all visit in the course of our very legal travels. Often, I would get "cocky" (by their standards) and ask why I was pulled over. Boy, they didn't that! The three times I questioned the Gods, they yelled and screamed and acted all indignant as if they were somehow doing me a favor. How silly of me.

I've had cops lecture me and get pissed for not wearing a seatbelt. Had a young punk cop (lots here in my neck of the woods), pull me over and tell me drivers can't turn left after an advanced green that isn't a separate left turn signal. Told him I'd take him to court. But according to him, I got off 'lucky' cause he had to respond to another call...

I've seen and dealt with polite, even "cool" cops when on the street, the odd time I made a complaint or just saying hello.

They're a mixed bag.

The point is that if you take any Cop, by himself, and have a beer, most will be cool. Although there is a much higher % of psychopaths in Law Enforcement than pedestrian jobs.

But when you throw a Cop into a corrupt CULTURE that promotes bullying, spying, intimidation and strong arm tactics against citizens, guess what?

That cool dude you just had a beer with is gonna push you around or tazr your ass silly to keep his job and his colleagues 'respect'.

Its not cool anymore to respect citizens and defend the constitution.

It is cool to lay vicious beatdowns on citizens and empty 5 clips into motionless bodies that haven't done nothing to nobody.

Its a culture of intimidation and fear. Don't question the GODS BOY!@

#34     May 23, 2008
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Btw, this example isn't an investigation. Its cops being witness to a crime-in-progress. No sleuthing required.

Cops don't do detective work anymore. They write tickets on plebs that pay their salary. Whats the name for that?

Oh yea, parasite.

#35     May 23, 2008
  6. achilles28, when some jacked up mugger has you on the ground in a back alley, with his doppelganger up your pitutie, who ya gonna call?

your mommy?

[​IMG]

#36     May 23, 2008
  7. I've had more than 4 encounters, but anyway....

And now we find out you're basing much of your contempt and dislike for cops on your upbringing in Canada. Well, I can't speak about Canadian cops. Perhaps you can't speak about American cops.

Yeah, there are hundreds of reports on TV/newspaper/internet about bad cops over the years. So what? Does that mean the majority of cops are bad? No, it does not.

There have been many accounts of Catholic priests molesting altar boys and the like. Does that mean the majority of Catholic priests are sex offenders? No, it does not.

I think you must have had some particularly bad experience with cops you're not telling us about that has made you apply a broad brush to the entire law enforcement community.

#37     May 24, 2008
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Beautiful. Ignorance is bliss, eh Hapa?

Its a Culture of fear and intimidation.

I know thats a hard one to comprehend, but just try.

Its obvious to anyone that Police are more violent, use threats and intimidation routinely as a tool, and spend most of their time going after law abiding tax payers than investigating real criminals.

Cops have become parasitic.

Heres some interesting stats. Out of 2000 Cops surveyed, 25% admitted witnessing a colleague use excessive force at least once, but did not report it.

Further, 73% of officers who pressured the cop from reporting the use of excessive force were superiors.

US versus THEM.

Cops think they're above the law.

http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=869

#38     May 24, 2008
  9. achilles28

achilles28

I'd rather call your moms. She'd scare the piss outta them.

[​IMG]:p

#39     May 24, 2008
  10. That's not my moms at all. It a trannie, and it used to be your dad.

Now go back to swilling rotgut and hanging out at the diner, waiting to get yer head busted by the fuzz

#40     May 24, 2008