Police Brutality In Philadephia In Beating Of Suspects

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, May 19, 2008.

1. Because megalomaniacal face-stompers gravitate towards positions of power where they can stomp faces with impunity.

----------------

This can work both ways. They could be reigned in and become very good at what they do or they can be created on the job. The key ingreident, imo, is strong leadership. Leadership is seriously lacking and subservient to the whims of trial lawyers and liability insurance protocol.

Suppose we built a leadership academy, to train psychologically profiled men and women. I gaurantee their would be training on how not to get sued, as a leader. What type of performance would you expect from a leader if you have to consult your legal department.

#21     May 22, 2008
  2. Police are useless thugs.

You get mugged...they are called and show up later to take a report

Your home gets burglerized..you call them and they show up later to take report

Your wife gets assualted in a parking lot or god forbid worse...they show up later to take a report

You go a few miles over the speed limit though and they are on you like stink on shit.

I fucking hate cops. In fact they are about the only thing I can use the word hate in reference too.

Do they ever do anything proactive to prevent crime? Aside from arresting some low level drug user or dealer that will just clog up prisons?

#22     May 22, 2008
  3. good news,
    i have been informed that the new black pathers and the rev al sharpton will head to phil for protests.

#23     May 22, 2008
  4. Tru,

Perfect comment.

People in the hood are well aware the cops ain't no help. Kids also know, that generally adults are no help in combating crime. Someone steal a teens cell phone. calling a cop won't help. The teen tells his mom or parent and the parent says "I paid a lot of money for that, you better not have let someone steal that from you, now you better get out there and get it back". Now the kid has learned he is on his own, adults are no help, cops are powerless, so they seek out assisatnce from a gang or take the matter in hand with whatever resources they have.

#24     May 22, 2008
  5. achilles28

achilles28

On the contrary, I think just the opposite is true.

Clearly Government and Law Enforcement has shown no regard for this Country's most fundamental Laws or the Rights of its Citizens.

Government has violated nearly every single Right we have - without judicial approval or oversight - with impunity and contempt.

Police do the same on a daily basis. Been pulled over for a traffic stop lately? Whats in the car, sir? Can we search you're car? No. Get out of the car. But officer. SHUT UP. GET OUT OF THE CAR NOW. Pulls out the tazer.

Thats typical. 1st and 4th Amendment gone. Pain compliance is the norm, now.

These Goons don't care, at all.

Now, what you might see as 'latent potential', I see as criminal activity.

Regardless of whether these face-stompers can be rehabilitated through proper leadership (and I'd argue theres plenty, just of the wrong disposition) or with lazy chats on the couch with a psychologist, Cops must obey the Rule of Law.

When they break that Law, even if they can't help themselves or this or that, or they love face stomping 'suspected' bank robbers for the good of the public or whatever, they broke the law. And they need their asses hauled in before a Grand Jury and Prosecuted as a Criminal.

Cops show absolutely no quarter to citizens. NONE. You accidentally bump an cop and they'll charge you with assaulting an officer with zeal.

Its time to return the favor.

#25     May 22, 2008
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Great post.

Cops don't do detective work anymore.

They don't give a shit if someone broke into your house, stole your car, beat up your kid, had a gun pulled on ya, got mugged. We'll write a report. Investigate it? Are you kidding???

Most cops sit in their cruises, writing tickets all day. Generating revenue.

But theyl zealously enforce drug laws. Why?

Cause they get a handsome cut through asset forfeiture seizure.

Its all a business.

#26     May 22, 2008
  7. Well, thing is, when cops try do actually prevent crime, the lefty bleeding hearts are all over them.

So if they aren't doing that, blame yourself for not putting a foot up the ACLU's pink arse.

[​IMG]

#27     May 22, 2008
  8. Are you making this statement based on personal experience or simply what you've heard and read?

Cops are like any one else - there are good and bad in their ranks. I've had a couple of bad experiences with cops who undoubtedly were pulling their rank, but most of those I've talked to were normal and just wanted to do their jobs and come home at the end of the day.

#28     May 22, 2008
  9. It's all well and good to be anti cop.

So then who are you FOR?

dunno, I've been around for a while and I have never had an experience with a cop I'd call negative.

Live in the big city too, not podunk.

I suspect most cop bashers are themselves quite suspect on some level.

In fact, I more than suspect it.

#29     May 22, 2008
  10. achilles28

achilles28

Law Enforcement culture has devolved into an us-versus-them mentality where citizens are bullied and preyed upon by Police.

Cops don't investigate crime anymore except murder and asset-forfeiture related crimes (drugs, guns and CPS).

Most departments won't even investigate a mugging, car theft or home break-in. Its a non event.

Why? Because most of the force is on patrol, writing up traffic violations.

They might be good ol' boys you could sit down and have a beer with. But they follow orders, good.

The role of Police is to investigate and arrest criminals.

Not generate revenue for their department by writing tickets and seizing cars when they find a joint.

How many videos have we seen where Cops tazer wheel-chair bound 80-year olds cause they can't get outta their chairs fast enough. Or cops tazering kids cause they 'pose a threat' to the Police.

Please. Its a disgrace.

#30     May 22, 2008