Police Begin Clearing Zuccotti Park of Protesters

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, Nov 15, 2011.

1. sheda

sheda

2. LIBERTY PARK -

now there is some irony

3. Humpy

Humpy

If Odumbo had more courage than the average garden slug he would have already gone a long way to solving this problem by adjusting tax on the rich.

I don't mind if they get paid well over $1m a year but they should pay a tax of at least 80% and rising to 99% on the extra.

A windfall tax taking the ill-gotten gains of bankers etc. from the last 10 years, for instance would even things out a bit.

I can't really see a wealth tax ever coming to the USA in the near future because FAIR is a dirty word still, in higher levels.

oh well my 2 cents worth

4. sheda

sheda

That is not fair - would result in even lower tax collections - and is not even worth the suggested 2 cents - infact you now owe me money for my having read that:D

5. Where would the money go if that is the case?

If CEO making 50 million a year gets taxed 99% on anything over 1 million. Where then does the money go?

6. sle

sle

Actually, why don't we take everything they own and shoot them? That would solve all of our problems once and for all... if we do that, everyone will be making 200k a year, as the OWS crowd promised .

7. sheda

sheda

A bit more than usual goes to the accountant and as for the rest that's none of our business, there's a level of taxation which if you go beyond you collect less..99% tax..what is wrong with you...

8. My question is simple. If the government enacted a 99% tax over 1 million.

What would a CEO who makes 50m do?

Obviously they would end up keeping their salary under 1 million? otherwise they would have to pay 99% of it in taxes.

would the 49 million just end up as salary increases to the other employees instead?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac received the biggest federal bailout of the financial crisis. And nearly $100 million of those tax dollars went to lucrative pay packages for top executives, filings show.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/11/15/news/companies/fannie_freddie_executive_pay/index.htm?iid=HP_LN

9. That's what I'd like to know. If the money is going to plant 50k in shrubs around the town hall like they did in my town, well then forget that shit.

Our town built a new building which I'm sure could hold more people than live in our town. When you walk in there to get a dog liscense you feel like a bb in a box. Soaring atrium 3 stories high.

Now that we give free cell phones to the poverty class, I see a new program in place to provide internet service @ 9.95 a month for any family that qualifies for a free lunch.

Poverty along with a side job working under the table is going to be the new economy.

#10     Nov 15, 2011