Police arrest 16 in twisted gang rape of 11-year-old girl in Texas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bearice, Mar 9, 2011.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

They picked a very bad state to rape a child in. They'd have been better off committing an act like that in Saudi Arabia.

#51     Mar 10, 2011
  2. I think world people know Texas is a strong men state/place. This is the beginning of the end for useless people. Somebody has rightly said "destroyed minds/brains, death arrives".

#52     Mar 10, 2011
  3. clacy

clacy

Wow, what a disturbing article and weird justification by olias. Anyway, I do wish that our justice system would revert back to the way it was 120 years ago. Regardless of race, these guys need to be swinging from a tree limb, and that's the way it should be.

I've never understood what it is about political affiliation, that allows people to justify criminal behavior. For the life of me, I can't see why liberals are so quick to defend criminals, and particularly minority criminals, and push for softer punishment.

#53     Mar 10, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Bleeding hearts have a mental disorder.

#54     Mar 10, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I understood Olias's comments as pointing towards explanation and caution, not justification.

#55     Mar 10, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Caution? As in we should double check the number of turns in the hangman's noose?

#56     Mar 10, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter, you are joking right?

#57     Mar 10, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

"Here's the thing that none of you is going to bother to think about....what these guys did, as disgusting as it was, and unimaginable...the capacity lives inside each one of us. None of us likes to think about that, but these aren't 'animals' any more than you or I are. We are the same creature. I don't know what they've been through in their lives to get so twisted, but if you think that could not have been you or one of your family...then we never learn the lesson and these things will keep happening."

That's not written as precisely as I would have (tried) to write it, ("we are the same creature" is controversial), but I take the gist to be a warning that the capacity for this kind of evil dwells within us all. And that is undeniably true.

Edit: in light of the depth of this atrocity it would be better to make philosophical observations in a separate thread, methinks, but hey, all P&R threads wander.

#58     Mar 10, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ricter man, I know you are a liberal and I love ya for it and sure, the same argument was made with Nazi's. Of course I always find it funny if you ask a liberal what you should do with a Nazi and their answer is burn them, burn them all. You ask them what they should do with an African American accused of rape or murder and you always get this, well let's not rush to judgment. Or, you need to understand them and what they have been through. We're all like them, etc. Why the hypocrisy?

I don't need to understand shit. I don't need to understand what we are capable of. If you pulled that shit in my neighborhood Ricter, don't worry about the judge. You won't make it to the trial.

#59     Mar 10, 2011
  10. I think Ricter sees further than probably anyone here. While the rest of us, including me, have our torches and scythes out and are ready to lynch Frankenstein, Ricter is taking notes on how Frankenstein got that way.

#60     Mar 10, 2011