Poland Wants New U.S. Military Base.... "Fort Trump"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by vanzandt, Sep 18, 2018.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Polish president wants a ‘Fort Trump’ US military base

By Bob Fredericks
    September 18, 2018

Polish President Andrzej Duda said at the White House Tuesday that he would welcome a permanent US military base in his country — and declared that he would name it “Fort Trump.”

“I would like to invite the US president to post more American troops to Poland. And we want to invest further, we want to modernize Polish armed forces,” Duda said during a White House news conference with President Trump.

He then touted Poland’s military buildup and said he wanted to buy more arms from the US.

“We are implementing the largest military investment so far over the last 30 years. We want to implement more projects. We want to buy more equipment. And I’m convinced that this cooperation between Poland and the United States will go on smoothly,” Duda continued.

“I would very much like for us to set up a permanent American bases in Poland which we would call Fort Trump.”

The Polish president also warned that Russia posed the greatest security threat to the central European region.

Asked if he agreed, Trump said, “I am with the president. I feel he is right,” before hailing the US military buildup on his watch and once again railing at some NATO countries for not paying what he called their fair share on defense.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/18/polish-president-wants-a-fort-trump-us-military-base/

traderob likes this.
  2. Fort Fart.

Perfect for Poland.

3. FORT MAGA!

I am lovin it already.

FORT MAGA Motto: You Fuck with the Poles and Your Ass is Grass and America is a Lawn Mower.

4. Poles have the most backstabbing people in Europe in my experience. I've known three people fucked over by Polish "friends" in England in the most selfish ways. Seriously vengeful pure badness mindless nasty stuff.

The ones who went to Ireland are nicer but that is because of the culture there eventually managing to disarm their nature a bit. A friend's GF was one of the nicest people you could meet but her dad was a surgeon. If the other cases were down to people coming from trashy poor families fine but they were not.

When people think you can't trust anyone because "everything is corrupt" bla bla (though it was not in England) and you have to look out for yourself, always "get even" (even if imaginary) they are perfect for Trump.

Screw Poland, they have too many miserable assholes who love a good conspiracy and grudge. They don't even seem to like each other very much. Food is garbage and the drinking culture is toxic also.

Let Russia have them back. Russians will be sorry.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Honestly.... I think if they were to name a U.S. military base... they need to dig into the WWII history books and find a name. A lot of Americans died liberating Poland from the Nazi's. That was less than 75 years ago. How soon we forget eh?

Slartibartfast likes this.
  6. Indeed.

The Russians actually were the primary liberators of Poland from Nazi oppression before they implemented their own oppression. That statement does not mean that I do not understand the American sacrifice. I do. Just reflecting on things.

Times change, or maybe they don't.

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Yea I know... and I actually thought about that when I wrote it... but Russia wouldn't have been able to physically go in there had it not been for our efforts on the western front and our logistical support. We saved their ass too.
    Maybe Putin will open a Fort Trump.

8. Yes, but Fort Trump will trigger leftists world wide, so I'll go with that.

vanzandt likes this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

Poland has been trying to get in the US's good graces for ages, part of getting legitimacy to join the EU and hoping to increase their Visa quota. It's also of strategic importance to NATO and they rightfully fear becoming a Russian satellite once again.

The US has rebuffed them because they're basically third world.

Wouldn't shock me if they're being ruled by an ultra right nationalist party given the refugee crisis right now.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  10. Trump is a German, naming a base after a German will cause plenty of triggering there also. But this is about sucking up to a narcissist, vacuous and insincere but it will work.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    #10     Sep 19, 2018