Poker players might find this interesting

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gunslinger, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Here is Doyle Brunson's response to Beal:

______________________________________________________________________________

The way I understand the latest version of your proposal for the big game, is if we can't be in Shreveport to play on April 11th, there can be no game. Even though we have essentially agreed on everything else, why is that date so important? We have waited months for you to respond and to wait 3 weeks more doesn't seem unreasonable. I personally will be out of the country until the 12th and when I return I am going to play at the Bellagio tournament.

If you want to wait and play, call me personally and let's talk. This is the last [at least for me] of these public challenges and negotiations. I feel this game is more important to you than it is to us. We gamble on an ongoing basis for more money than our part of the bankroll. Of course, there are a lot of us and only one of you, so it is understandable.

The bottom line is I feel this is getting out of hand and is making all parties involved look foolish. It is bordering on being ridiculous. Think about how stupid we must look to the average person. If we can't play now, come anytime to the gambling capital of the world and you WILL get played with. Lets ante up and play without all this fanfare.

Respectfully,

Doyle [Sleepless in Shreveport] Brunson

_______________________________________________________________________________

#11     Apr 5, 2005
  2. I love Party. But I keep getting fucked over. Despite my statistics knowlage, I'm not a good poker player :(

I'm only up $30.

#12     Apr 5, 2005
  3. WPT Enterprises receives $700 million bid
    Fri Jul 8, 2005 10:53 AM ET
    NEW YORK, July 8 (Reuters) - WPT Enterprises Inc. (WPTE.O: Quote, Profile, Research) , which owns the popular World Poker Tour television show, said on Friday that it received a $700 million bid from one of the top U.S. professional poker players, Doyle Brunson.
    Company spokeswoman Jackie Lapin said the offer was received on Thursday and came as a surprise. "The board will review this bid," Lapin said.

WPT shares surged 51 percent to $26.88 in morning trading on Nasdaq.

ok, forget for a second that Brunson is an idiot for offering this much above the previous days closing price when i think we'd all agree he should have been all over this a year ago if not 2-3 years ago as far back as he goes.

The bigger question is, did anyone know this guy had this kind of money? Where did he put together this kind of stake, is Beal now backing him or what!?!? :confused:

#13     Jul 8, 2005
  4. #14     Jul 16, 2005
  5. Choad

Choad