poker and trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by daytrademargin, Apr 10, 2007.

1. I should mention that I've cashed out since the internet gaming legislation was passed and didn't encounter any problems.

#11     Apr 10, 2007
  2. It's a gaming site. You need to download the poker software, which then launches directly from your computer.

#12     Apr 10, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

im in homey...thanks look me up lilhabana is my handle...

#13     Apr 10, 2007
  4. I think these gaming sites take Visa/Mastercard to fund the account. But getting the money out seems to be a problem. They said they have to send you a check to your home address and it can take up to 10 days to arrive. So they immedietly get your money, but you have to wait 10 days to get it out.

I'm doing pretty good on the online poker playing for play money. But I'm thinking when I switch over to real money, they will take it from me and they are just letting me win to let me think I can win.

#14     Apr 10, 2007
  5. But the people that play that play at full tilt poker are the best poker players in the world. They won the world series of poker tournaments and everything. So why should I play there? I want to play against people who are not good players, not professonal world championship winners.

But I did try their demo. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

#15     Apr 10, 2007
  6. Consider your competition. If you play even a semblence of reasonable poker you will make a fortune at the play games.

#16     Apr 10, 2007
  7. Bodog has two methods for withdrawal: a check via USPS, or a money transfer, which is free up to once per week. The latter is faster, however, either option requires a bit of patience.

It's worth mentioning that deposited funds, whether directly from your bank account or through a credit card, are avilable for immediate use. However, bank transfers can take as long as 20 days to clear the Bodog system, during which time no withdrawals can be made. Credit card deposits, alternatively, clear immediately and can be withdrawn immediately.

Also, before you can withdraw money, you need to fill out bank and/or credit card verification forms. Even if you don't plan on withdrawing money any time soon, it's worth getting it out of the way. For Bodog, click on help, then financial, then agreements, and download the appropriate forms.

Good Luck!

#17     Apr 10, 2007
  8. and if you are lucky enough to live in the great state of Washington, you can thank our leftwing nannystate legislature for making online gambling a C felony - the same level of offense as AUTO THEFT.

how insane is THAT?

#18     Apr 10, 2007
  9. Washington has Poker rooms on indian reservations.

#19     Apr 10, 2007
  10. romik

romik

I play poker at pokerroom.com only sometimes, I prefer the more real environment, as bluffing just doesn't have the same effect when it's done online.

IMHO the only benefit that can be gained from playing poker is discipline, pros do play various styles, in the end of the day the whole point of the game is to be ultra unpredictable no matter what cards you hold. But you shouldn't forget that people do not become consistent winners in poker by mere luck/fluke, the last 20 are pros that know other player's patterns, good strategists & also great @ bullshitting. Now the latter is pointless in trading as you just can't bluff anyone with your pathetic retail size :), perhaps only yourself. In the end of the day if you hold great cards your chances of winning the pot are a lot higher compared to holding rubbish & bullshitting all the way. 99% of the time the latter technique fails all the time. So waiting for great cards is like waiting for great set-ups & betting size according to what you have, not what you think you might have.

#20     Apr 10, 2007