PointDirex

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by hans130, Dec 23, 2001.

1. hans130

hans130

Do I have to be in Orlando to be a proprietary trader? Can I do it remotely? I am here in NY.

#21     Jan 11, 2002
  2. nitro

nitro

tradepdm,

Please define "low" comissions. Also, please, if you know, give a schedule of what the payout would be if you put up x number of dollars, e.g.,

$10000 85%
    $15000 90%
    $20000 95%
    $25000 100%

nitro

#22     Jan 12, 2002
  3. I E-mailed their support with the question "I'm looking for a broker that will allow on opening orders with NYSE stocks. Do you allow these types of orders?"
    I never got an answer back, so I assume they do not.
    JJ

#23     Jan 12, 2002
  4. Hans, I agree that the level 1 product appears to be a terrific alternative to other platforms considering the price and features. I use the pro product myself and have not traded on the level 1 with live capital. I will be doing that when I am visiting Orlando in a few weeks and will let you know what I think. The DORS smart routing I am told will deliver superior (faster) executions as compared to other smart routes (IB Best, ARCA/REDI, etc) but again I have not tested it. If it does, I think 1.2 cents inclusive of pass thrus is a terrific deal, and well suited for those (most) who do not wish to deal with order routing issues.

Regarding the question on NYSE market on open orders...I do not believe the current platform supports them. The next version of DIrex Pro I am also told will have substantial improvements to stop functionality and listed trading performance/competitiveness, so perhaps they will be able to support them in the near future.

#24     Jan 12, 2002
  5. hans130

hans130

I am going to try Pointdirex software. I have opened the account and am going to start trading this tuesday. I will keep you guys posted on the speed and execution, and service.

Thanks
    Hans

#25     Jan 21, 2002
  6. Ikspec

Ikspec

Anyone know if you can do smart order routing using their Level 2 and/or Platinum products?

Ik

#26     Feb 10, 2002
  7. hans130

hans130

yes you can, with their platinum product. This software amazingly fast and extremely configurable.

I would highly recommend. I used to trade on the watcher, but this software is just as fast and more user friendly.

thanks
    hans

#27     Feb 11, 2002
  8. Hans,

Are you using a data provider (Realtick, Nextrend, etc) in addition to the Direx Platinum software or does the Platinum give you everything you need?

Jim

#28     Feb 11, 2002
  9. hans130

hans130

Hello Jim,

Platinum provides intraday charts, 1-3-5 minute charts. I use RealTick for my Daily and Hourly charts. I use Platinum for my intraday charts and fast and cheaper price executions. Real Tick costs way too much, especially if you want to average in and average out of a position.

Thanks
    Hans

#29     Feb 11, 2002
  10. Yes as Hans indicated PD has a proprietary "smart" routing feature called DORS. WHile I do not know the programming logic behind it, I can tell you that PD has direct connections to either 8 or 9 ECNs. ALso their trading platforms aggregate all of the volume at the inside market and post it above the bid/ask sides of the L2 screen. Then with one execution route, you can trade against this aggregated volume. THe DORS smart logic simply defines how this volume is accessed from a priority viewpoint, and also includes the ability to send the order to SS if there is no ECN liquidity. I agree with Hans that the speed of order entry and execution is amazing.

#30     Feb 11, 2002