PointDirex up today?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Market-do, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbungard

gbungard Guest

A fellow by the name of Kurt called, I just recieved email from SWS Securities Account wanting me to sign , transfer funds to
    Computer Clearing House, do not know if I should do that.

However, can not call anyone about it, does not look I will be
    able to trade again today.

Has anyone else signed and faxed this form in.

What a mess this is !

Just when Tech's are attempting bear market rally.

#41     Sep 24, 2002
  2. I received a request from PD, not SWS. Did not sign. What good would it do since you can't logon let alone get word of what is going on. Yeah people/management are great at screwing up and then screwing up the P.R. that could help them out of the mess. The thinking/people that started the problems isn't going to bail them out.

#42     Sep 24, 2002
  3. richk

richk

I just noticed change on web page that customer service is reachable by phone.

#43     Sep 24, 2002
  4. gbungard

gbungard Guest

Have been calling Point direx all day, still no answer to the new
    phone numbers they posted.

This is just killing me, I was thinking if and when they do get
    system up, there will probably be a lot of bugs to work out over up coming weeks.

Do not even know hiow to get my money out, to open account with IB. Probably cost me several more days of trading opportunties.

I have fear of getting hung up on trade now, and not being able to get out with there new enhanced system.

Let along the thought of calling support for help.

Any thoughs on this ?

#44     Sep 24, 2002
  5. I got through today and got the same response--should be up tomorrow. If you want to get your money out contact the clearing firm SWS unless you switched to ComputerClearing. I wouldn't worry about your funds. My hunch is that your seeing a massive PR screw up on their part in merging with White Pacific. Its almost amazing how companies can shoot themselves in the foot with dumb carelessness, but then look at the whole tech and telecom industry--its part of human nature. PD's customer service and platfrom have been great for me--hate to give it up because of some temporary insanity--but enough will be enough tomorrow. The very least they could have done is emailed all their customers with an explanation and apology.

#45     Sep 24, 2002
  6. gbungard

gbungard Guest

Who did you talk today and what time was it when you got
    through to them ?

I tried calling all afternoon.

Have you talked to anyone with White Pacific, verifing
    transfer, just curious

#46     Sep 25, 2002
  7. I spoke with Curt at around 10:00 pst. I haven't contacted White Pacific, probably a good idea. It would be nice to get some clarity about the relationship between PD and White, and PD's new role.

#47     Sep 25, 2002
  8. GRIME

GRIME

I have spoken with Mr. Steven form marketing department of WPS. He has confirmed this. His number is ++1-4159010300 extension (I am not sure but I think) 105 or 106

#48     Sep 25, 2002
  9. richk

richk

I still cannot log into trading gateway so no trading
    :(

#49     Sep 25, 2002
  10. they are answering phones today but you won't learn anything new--the usual--"we should be up today, maybe tomorrow". There is some serious disorganization going on which you will discover if you ask any pointed questions. They have to look up stuff manually. Don't think their data base is even up. Tech problems can be nasty, but..... If you are patient I'm sure things will get resolved, but patience means lost opportunities with no assurance that things will be ok once they are up and running,i.e, what new problems will occur? What really surprises me most of all is given the large numbers reading the forum how few different folks have responded. Does PD really have that small of a customer base or are most folks out there not serious about trading. I mean, why aren't folks screaming and yelling , or at least doing research and responding to these posts in numbers? Don't count on me (or PD) to come up with hand holding suggestions or ways to save your butt.

#50     Sep 25, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.