PointDirex Level I

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by B.Willis, Mar 28, 2002.

1. B.Willis

B.Willis

Does anyone have problems with GTC orders via DirexLevel I platform?
    It happened several times that a GTC stop order was executed next day at market.

2. B. , how about some details about the trades? If you watch time and sales you'll see that some pretty outrageous deviations fly by. If your stops were tight you probably got hit on a legit bid, especially if you're holding a small number of shares. Talk to the guys at PointD.. I've found Carlos and Jerry extremely helpful and generous with their time. So in answer to your question: I haven't had the problem because I haven't used GTC with them. Check out the one minute charts at the time of execution--you might see where you got hit. Note, I said might, depending on the stock volume and the size of your position. I kind of doubt that PointD. was at fault--but research it to know for sure , to put your mind at ease, and so that you can trade more "carefree".

3. B.Willis

B.Willis

Market-go, could you try to place a GTC stop order?

4. Nope, do your own homework, for your own good. Don't trust anyone's "opinion", only the fruits of your own intelligence. Ask yourself this question, why can't I do my own research and make my own decisions? Could this have an effect on my trading?(you betcha, every time you go to pull the trigger). Let me know what you find out. By the way, the only time I would use GTC is on long term investments while on vacation, and then with great lattitude so I don't get hit by the stop snipers.

5. B.Willis

B.Willis

Market-do what are you talking about?
    Yes, no, maybe, maybe not.
    Why do you reply when you don´t know anything about the problem.

6. I'm trying to help, but you are not listening(reading). My first reply, FIRST line, I said I'd need details of your trade. My second second reply, FIRST line, I said "nope"(NO), do your own homework for your own good. Don't ask me or any one else to hold your hand. End of discussion.