Point & figure charting software???

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ll12345678, Aug 11, 2009.

1. elit

elit

I recently bought Bulls Eye Broker and think it is the best PF charting software out there. You cannot even compare the cheap price to the high monthly or yearly fees for Uppdata. I decided to buy when heard it had been acquired by another company. I had only tried the trial before.

The functionality is also better in Bulls Eye Broker. I love the pattern scan, which combined with relative strenght is very powerful in finding great trades. You just select the patterns you want to find (for example all bullish patterns) and tell it to find stocks with high relative strength. It then scnas through the stocks and give you the list of bullish or bearish stocks and I can decide whcich ones to buy or sell

I am doing a small follow up and checking the profits if I had taken the trading signals from the scan and thus far I am very satisfied with the results.

#11     Sep 4, 2009
  2. elit

elit

The triple top breakout (is explained at http://www.pointandfigure.com/charting-software-point-and-figure.html) is the one point and figure pattern I like the most, especially when the triple top breakout comes from a narrow trading range I like the trading signal.

What I do is to scan all the stocks for triple tops and also with strong relative strength signal, this usually gives a strong move.

#12     Sep 5, 2009
  3. quotetracker is also great fo intraday
    providing you know its quirks for p/f
    i use bullseye for eod.it is a real pain to load intraday stuff.it also has not worked properly for me /intraday.i get bug messages
    there is free intraday data download at dukascopy
    stockcharts are great for eod and intraday usa.$10 a month
    quotetracker for the real nitty gritty intraday.qt has streamed tick data,and is cheap.tick is the real biz
    however,the box sizes need to be adjusted sometimes.to deal with the different volatility of the same instrument, on different days.also play around with the size of the chart,so the x and o do not look too elongated or too wide.10 days intraday
    tick gives you the real intraday picture
    use 3 charts.different box sizes to time entries
    anybody got a site where i can down load eod fx.ml downloader dont provide this anymore.

updata: be careful.it does not update intraday very well.only 2 days tick
    it might work better with esignal data input
    the best bang for the buck is qt.

#13     Sep 5, 2009
  4. elit

elit

dentist007,

I am using Metatrader to download Forex data and I then import this into Bull's eye broker. Metatrader has a tool to export the data into text files and those are quite simple to import to the point and figure charts.

I also import intraday forex data using that method to analyse some point and figure charts at key areas of interest.

#14     Sep 11, 2009
  5. metatrader...
    do u have to use it with a brkerage account.??

#15     Sep 11, 2009