Point and Figure

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Scalper007, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Not sure what happened there! :(

#21     Mar 13, 2007
  2. HTH,,cool looking chart. Does UPdata enable PnF to compute reversals from actual highs/Lows? It does Gann swing charts also? Can u possible post an intraday Gann Swing Chart.

tks

#22     Mar 13, 2007
  3. Hi Stardust,

Here are a couple of modified Gann swing charts for you in the Manhattan style. They're derived on 3 up 3 down basis, and outside "periods" are treated the same as the previous "period", i.e. each interval period (e.g 3 mins) or days, etc. You'll also notice that I've relaxed Gann's consecutive rule.

Re: the p&F charts: the software allows you calculate targets or price objectives for any box size and these can be based on horizontal or vertical counts. Although, you'll be aware that you're unable to use vertical counts on one box reversal charts. Risk reward ratios can also be shown.

HTH (Hope this helps) :)

#23     Mar 13, 2007
  4. I can't see how to attach more than one chart per post!? So, here's a 5min swing chart for INTC.

#24     Mar 13, 2007
  5. ClaretD, looks good. Can updata also display Gann Swing without regular price bars similiar to this?

#25     Mar 13, 2007
  6. So for example, you mean something like this one:

#26     Mar 13, 2007
  7. very nice. I'm partial to the 2Bar swing but I'm sure u can do that!
    Can Updata use DTN or esignal for R/T feed?

#27     Mar 13, 2007
  8. Hi Stardust,

It's very configurable and so you can do pretty much what you want to do with it. So, it's easy for me to do you 2u2d chart, as you say? :)

#28     Mar 13, 2007
  9. Stardust wrote:

Re: the third party real time feeds. So far as I know the software’s compatible with MyTrack, MyBroker, Tenfore (internet & satellite) and Bloomberg Terminal; and there are probably other APIs as well.

I don’t know about DNT or eSignal, and I guess you’ll have to ask the company if they have any API’s for these services; if not then I guess you’ve always got the option of using the DDE server that comes with the real time version of the software and my guess is that this will work with any DDE compliant RT feed. Again, you'll be best off if you ask the company directly.

HTH

CD

#29     Mar 13, 2007
  10. Thnx...confirmed with UD that it would have to be DDE for esignal/DTN

#30     Mar 14, 2007