point and figure automated

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Kris, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Kris

Kris

I'm looking to backtest a point and figure strategy, and then automate it. I'm currently with IB but could open an account with another broker if needed. I'm in Canada.

I was looking at Tradestation for this but I don't think they are available in Canada... can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. Bob111

Bob111

looks like same question. or same person asking same question ;)

https://www.wealth-lab.com/Forum/Posts/Can-I-use-Point-amp-Figure-charts-38480

i'm not familiar with P&F at all, but i think they are calculated. the chart itself is just a visual representation of those calculations. you can probably do this in excel

3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

4. Kris

Kris

I'm not a programmer, so I need a platform with an easy programming language to build and backtest on and then an API (is that the right term?) to autotrade my account...

I currently use Trade Ideas to build and backtest, then autotrade through the Stocktickr robot, but Trade Ideas doesn't support Point and Figure

5. Bob111

Bob111

--API (is that the right term?)-- yeah, if you planning to code your "autotrader" yourself on whatever language.