Pocket Pc Mobile Trading thru IB???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sharp, May 31, 2004.

1. Sharp

Sharp

I just got my new Dell Axim pocket pc with wi-fi 802.11b wireless. I was hoping that that I would be able to trade on it using IB's mobile trader technology. However, I can't seem to get it to work properly. I am able to surf the internet and go to IB's homepage but I can't login. I guess that mobile trader is not for "wi-fi" devices. Does anyone else know if I can trade with on my Dell?

2. FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH...........i have a decent size IB trading acvcount.. i will never use wifi connection to trade my $$$$$$$$$ until i know for sure it is safe and reliable.........probably i never will use wifi....

3. izeickl

izeickl

I dont have a Pocket PC yet but I am looking to get one so will be interesting on any comments about broker access. However my main intended use is so I can VNC (like PcAnywhere) into my main desktop and access charts/broker from there..So I can sit outside and just quickly check on some charts and/or have my desktop send alarms to the PocketPC to let me know I should go in.

I agree there are security issues, but I feel with multiple encryption layers, firewall and a tight rein on MAC and IP address's allowed on the network it will be ok.

4. May i know where are you intersted to sit outside most times?:D

5. izeickl

izeickl

Currently being outside is limited due to the crapy Scottish weather, with the odd nice day you appreciate the sun all you can! However im intending on moving in the not too distant future with intent on having bit more oppertunity to enjoy the outside more in a sunnier climate, also a place with a pool (I have severe arthritis so a private pool will give me much needed physiotherapy and hopefully back on my feet). So would be nice to be able to access my desktop from the outside and not feel like I have to sit indoors looking at my monitor. While I am a swing trader, I prefer live entries to placing orders and I do look at shorter term trades on 15-30min charts at times.
    Basically I just want the options and freedom.

6. I too have tried to log on to IB Mobile Trader. I use a Motorola T730 on Verizon.

I can get to the log on screen and enter my info however, the Motorola will only allow me to enter the first letter of my user name and password as a capital letter. IB does not accept this.

I can't figure out how to change this.

Anyone using a T730 with IB Mobile Trader?

7. def

def Sponsor

8. Sharp

Sharp

This is one of the things I do with my pocket pc. I installed a charting program on the pc so I can just sit outside, or while I'm watching t.v., or anytime for that matter and go thru my charts. It works great for chart surfing. The new Dell Axim's have Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition which allows you to view programs in landscape mode instead of up and down. This makes the charts longer and they look great.

But there has to be a way I can use this to trade. I installed a new java program on it and I'm trying to get that to work. I know the pc would load up TWS if I could just get to the login screen. The problem is the login button at the top of IB's website doesn't work on my pocket pc. When I place my stylus on the login button I don't get the option to login to trade or account management. Once I get this resolved I'm sure it will work.

9. Sharp

Sharp

Thanks Def. I checked out that page and found what I need. For anyone interested; I downloaded ezWAP 2.1 from www.ezos.com. I installed it on my pocket pc then set IB as my home page, configured the browser setting, and was able to login to my account. I will have to wait until tomorrow when the market is open to see how well this works. I will report back tomorrow will a review.

Thanks for all the help.

#10     May 31, 2004