PNSN Penson Thread Deleted

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jeb9999, May 12, 2011.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

I agree regarding price, but price alone is not used as the sole determining factor to ban a thread. Rather than spend excessive time investigating a variety of parameters for each and every stock we decided years ago to keep it simple, make it black 'n white, and remove the uncertainty. BTW, I can assure you if we used market cap someone would complain and suggest we use an alternate such as 52-wk high, or the Range, or the Div/Yield, or the EPS, etc. Anyway, following is a portion of the boilerplate text that describes the parameters:

Here's the rules -- any stock (not OTCBB or Pink Sheets) can be discussed that meets at least one of the following two criteria:

1. It trades above $5.... or
    2. It has at least 1,000,000 shares of average daily volume.

If a stock does not trade above $5 and does not have an average daily volume of at least 1,000,000 shares then for our purposes it's a penny stock and we don't want it discussed at ET.

#11     May 24, 2011
  2. zdreg

zdreg

no wonder companies make reverse splits. they want to be mentioned on ET. I am sure their lawyers point this out to them when considering whether to make a reverse split.

#12     May 24, 2011
  3. Can these rules be placed in the help section? If people knew the rules before they posted, it would save them, and the moderators, time and effort.

#13     May 25, 2011
  4. It's a fantastic idea about stocks. Thanks for sharing.

#14     Jun 13, 2011
  5. Oh, what a fantastic sharing. I really like it very much. Thanks...

#15     Jun 13, 2011