PMSNBC This is great

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Yes, Felix, it all ends here. You just called the turn.

#11     Jun 11, 2009
  2. It was about her 18 year old not her 14 year old, wow Dave, that clears everything up. He decided to say it was about the 18 year old after he realized he stepped in it. Based on the fact that the 14 was at the game, it is clear the comment was directed at her. Not cool Dave.

I know what he can do. He can use the usual liberal mantra and say "My comments were taken out of context".

#12     Jun 11, 2009
  3. BSAM

BSAM

(Tapping on your computer screen.....)---

Class, class---Pay attention please and do take notes:

1. David Letterman is a comedian.

2. Rush Limbaugh is a political commentator and troublemaker.

3. Sarah Palin is a dope.

#13     Jun 11, 2009
  4. BSAM

BSAM

(fallingonthefloorlaughingmyassoff)

Backlash? Backlash from who? All those intelligent and caring Republicans we've had the last few years???:p

#14     Jun 11, 2009
  5. How many jokes has letterman made about obama or obama's wife and daughters? Zero and he never will, because he is afraid to. He only attacks people who have no way of retaliating.

I think Sarah Palin has shown herself to be the ultimate good sport. She rescued the failed career of some moron named Tina Fey, and even went on SNL and let herself be made fun of. To call her slutty and make jokes about her daughter getting knocked up at a baseball game goes so far over the line that even a mean-spirited bully like letterman knew he had to backtrack.

I think a lot of people are getting pretty fed up with the media and their arrogance. I think the Carrie Prejean incident and this incident are having an effect on ordinary people. We see the media and celebs viciously attacking woman for the simple reason that they are Christian or conservative. It's one thing to go after Ann Coulter. She invites it to a degree, but these women have done nothing to attract such hatefulness.

#15     Jun 11, 2009
  6. see you in 2010, you dolt

#16     Jun 11, 2009
  7. ak15

ak15

I don't use this term loosely, but you have to be seriously delusional. Sarah Palin, a good sport? She went to SNL solely as a plug for the McCain/Palin ticket. Palin didn't rescue Tina Fey's career. Tina Fey furthered and promoted her own career due to her chutzpah in successfully emulating the comical mannerisms of Palin. Her nearly point-for-point parody of Katie Couric's interview with Palin, was astonishingly funny even to the partisan eye.

One of Letterman's gags was "Bought makeup at Bloomingdale's to update her slutty flight attendant look." The reference was clearly alluding to her attire. Even so, I'll admit that it was probably superfluous and in poor taste.

Letterman, a "mean-spirited bully"? You've just elevated hyperbole to ballistic terrain. The man's daily monologues comprise thousands of jokes aimed at a myriad of people. Granted, he may have crossed the line with his remarks about Palin's daughter getting "knocked up" by Alex Rodriguez during the seventh inning of a recent Yankees game. Palin made Bristol and her out of wedlock pregnancy part of her political persona by putting her daughter's sexuality in the spotlight. The Palins paraded their kids on stage in front of the world, making them public figures and they need to accept that they'll be subjected to jokes, even off-color ones.
    "I think a lot of people are getting pretty fed up with the media and their arrogance. I think the Carrie Prejean incident and this incident are having an effect on ordinary people. We see the media and celebs viciously attacking woman for the simple reason that they are Christian or conservative." An obviously biased statement emanating from a Christian and a Conservative.

#17     Jun 11, 2009