PM Trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Oz435, May 17, 2006.

1. Oz435

Oz435

Hello,
    I'm a rank novice that has been educating myself to the world of trading and I think I'm ready to take the plunge. I have a full time job from 04:30 to 1:00 pm but I am flexible in my schedule so I can switch to another schedule if need be.

I wish to short term/day trade stocks.

Is there a strategy (after 1:30pm) I can use that can produce profitable results or should I just change my work schedule to begin in the afternoon (after 13:00)?

My novice observation tells me the A.M. is where the action is. I'm I wrong?

2. u are a good 7yrs late...now it just not worth it much, u have to work u arse off in double, treble shifts for ages before u begin to make some decent money consistently....hopefully after this shakeout mkt changes a bit and vols break out from all these years of tight ranges, but im very pessimistic 'bout da future and all due to those freakin' bots gettin' better and better by da day.

3. Cheese

Cheese

Plunge in straight away. Don't wait a moment. For you, its Reverse Chess. Get shot of your money as quickly as you can within a few or as many losses as it takes. When you're done, rejoice!

One more thing: just keep back a few dollars at the end for an immediate celebration drink at your local bar.
    :)

4. I'm a futures trader, not stocks, so I can't answer your question.

What I can do is recommend a book to you; one that I am sure will be poo-pooed by other posters for probably the wrong reasons, and one I'm sure will cause personal attacks to myself. I don't shiv a git.

The book is ... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...103-1194866-8156612?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

I am recommending the book to you. I think it will help you decide how to approach trading, given your contraints.

Good luck,

Osorico