Please Vote

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by daniel_m, Feb 20, 2003.

1. counting votes made in the chit chat forum as part of a member's total posts is a terrible idea.

originally, the Chit Chat forum was created because too many threads began going not only away from the TRADING topic being discussed, but away from discussing TRADING full stop.

people were coming to Elite TRADER to discussing TRADING and did not want to have to wade through crap that discussed religion, politics, sports, personal grudges etc etc.

being a place where mature, informed TRADING discussion could take place was what separated ET from the slime like yahoo groups.

rather than DELETING these posts, baron was gracious enough to create the chit chat forum, where (even under the yoke of babak's dictatorship) people that were interested could continue their discussions on non trading related subject matter.

but by counting the posts made in the chit chat forum towards a member's elite TRADER membership STATUS, we are giving a MISLEADING message to the other members about the TRADING RELATED CONTENT in that member's posts. we are saying, "go ahead, post however much NON TRADING RELATED BS in the chit chat forum you want. we'll still call you an ELITE member".

it's just not right.

people, VOTE NO to counting chit chat posts towards total posts!

2. THE POLL IS WORDED TERRIBLY, MAKING IT VERY EASY FOR PEOPLE TO VOTE AGAINST HOW THEY ACTUALLY WANT TO VOTE...

I voted YES... by voting NO you are voting for post discrimination, which is highly subjective to implement...

"Elite" membership is about participation, irrespective of which forum you are participating in... posting in one section over another doesnt enhance or reduce the post quality...

To repeat, Elite Membership is about participation... who is to judge if a post made in one forum is of higher or lesser quality than in another forum?

So number of posts (which result in Elite membership) should include ALL posts made... this is a community and each forum has its own value-added for Elitetrader...

ALL posts should be counted, cos it would be pointless to devalue the funny and entertaining posts in Chit Chat by not counting those posts WHILE AT THE SAME TIME counting some of the silly pointless posts in other forums...

VOTE NO!!! ALL POSTS SHOULD BE TREATED EQUALLY... WHY COUNT CRAP POSTS IN OTHER FORUMS AND NOT COUNT ENTERTAINING POSTS IN CHIT CHAT... THAT IS PERVERSE...

3. qdz2

qdz2

what is it good to be an elite member anyway?

:p

4. Elite membership is a sign of active participation in our community...

5. I'm confused... which side are you promoting?

I voted no.

6. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

The Elite Members have a new option in the menu
    to access to the "Secrets of Trading" page. I think
    there were a few other things but I forgot what it was.

I can't wait to become Elite! :)

7. THE POLL IS WORDED TERRIBLY, MAKING IT VERY EASY FOR PEOPLE TO VOTE AGAINST HOW THEY ACTUALLY WANT TO VOTE...

I voted YES... by voting NO you are voting for post discrimination, which is highly subjective to implement...

By voting YES, you are voting NOT to include Chit Chat posts in your number of posts...

8. HA!!!

number of posts means everything!!!

SPC

9. Freudian slip huh?

the issue isn't how ENTERTAINING the posts are, it is how RELEVANT TO TRADING they are.

i agree that there are a lot of crap posts in other forums. i never suggested this was a magic bullet to cure ET of its ills.

as i said to you earlier, it's about IMPROVEMENT.

but, regarding crap posts in other forums maybe we could have a minimum word total before a post is counted.

that would eliminate all those "i agrees" and "rofl"s and those insipid one emoticon posts. (it would also force metooxx to expound on his thoughts some more and that can't be a bad thing :))

10. Brother Pussy,

How are you?

Candle

#10     Feb 20, 2003