Please Vote for this IB Feature

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Arnie, May 7, 2007.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I have asked that the scanner be able to search for stocks on Relative Volume. This would allow us to search for stocks that are active early in the session. As it is now, when you scan for most active it just gives you the stocks with the most Volume, which are always QQQQ, MSFT, INTC etc..

With Relative Vol you could search for stocks that are trading at x times average vol at 10:00 to find the real most active.

Please go to here and vote, you can search by my handle (arnie)to find. Thanks!

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/poll/poll.php?ib_entity=llc#cat_tws

2. Arnie

Arnie

bump

3. Your request is kind of dumb....imagine if everyone had their own scan they wanted to be cataloged ?
    Instead, the answer is a PROGRAMMABLE scanner with codes and values and logic conditions.
    That would be the answer for everyone.

4. Arnie

Arnie

I think you might be mis-reading my post. A progammable scanner is exactly what I want. The example I gave about scanning at 10:00 was just that. Ideally you would be able to scan for volume based on min-max average vol and and current vol. Combine this with the ability to scan based on market cap, price etc... and you have a very useful scanner.

I would appreciate your vote.

5. TOM134

TOM134

Arnie,

Also, I notice that on IB's site some subscribers are complaining that there is no complete streaming Time & Sales prices!

Who in their right mind would want to trade with this Broker?!!!

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/poll/poll.php?ib_entity=llc#cat_all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Title: Time and Sales, dynamic
    Submitted by: Abel

"Time and Sales, updated dynamically. Enable the Time and Sales displays to update dynamically, with current prices scrolling constantly onto the display window as they occur. Include the ability for user-defined threshold levels of order size filtering." 2006-11-22 10:41:18
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Title: running time and sale window
    Submitted by: vadimlaw

"the running time and sale feature is a must for any serious broker. I just switched to IB and was shocked that IB does not have one. For a day trader running sale and size of that sale (not just the last sale but previous 30-40 sales) is crucial. I hope IB will offer this feature." 2007-05-06 13:07:10

6. TOM134

TOM134

7. A professional or small trading firm...
    Would use IB's TWS as an order entry platform ONLY...
    And subscribe to professional quality quotes separately...
    And have a LOT of custom trading infrastructure on a network.

I am shocked...
    That you actually think one can run a serious trading business...
    Through a retail platform.