PLEASE VOTE AGAINST THE BILL H.R. 1068-link enclosed

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by proptrader12345, Feb 18, 2009.

1. I'm sure you'll swing everyone you talk to your way with such impeccable logic and grace.

I would welcome with open arms the widening of spreads. It makes little difference to what I do, and weeds out a hell of a lot of noise.

Cheers.

#21     Feb 18, 2009
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Look, times are difficult and we're all going to have to chip in.

California needs that high-speed rail line between Disneyland and Las Vegas or the world will surely end. Any help you folks can give to see that project through will really be appreciated.

I know traders are generous people so some of you will likely just want to send a check straight to Arnold out of pure good will. No need to deal with that pesky federal "middle-man" when you can go straight to the source.

Thanks for your support. :D

#22     Feb 18, 2009
  3. #23     Feb 18, 2009
  4. Its clear you aren't a trader if you aren't taking this kind of thing seriously. I don't THINK it will pass, but stranger things have happened_______________________________

Umm like Greenspan agreeing that "banks" should be nationalized?

Like INVESTMENT BANKS all but gone?

If you'r a day trader and you think that you'r "way of making" money isn't going to be attacked, your crazy.

Think about this, INDU 7500, next stop could be in the 6000. Do you not think that some regulation to bring focuse off of the "Crash" that has taken place over the 6months, shall be put towards the "Trading world".

Wake up. They have yet to start the "Run" of laws towards "Trading". It's only a matter of time.

Believe that.

#24     Feb 18, 2009
  5. Thanks for the petition.

You guys should also be aware that similar language for a transaction tax is buried in a separate health care bill -- see section 211 of H.R. 676:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-676

It's a good idea to write the Ways and Means Committee, as they will be looking at both H.R. 1068 and H.R. 676.

#25     Feb 18, 2009
  6. Done!

#26     Feb 18, 2009
  7. I don't trade equities, just futures, but I signed anyway...we all have to stick together imo. Thanks for the heads up!

#27     Feb 18, 2009
  8. tradertx, just so you know this covers futures as well

#28     Feb 18, 2009
  9. From H.R. 1068:

"(6) This transfer tax would be on the sale and purchase of financial instruments such as stock, options, and futures."

#29     Feb 18, 2009
  10. Thanks for the link.

#30     Feb 18, 2009