Please tell me your thoughts on this economic cartoon

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Port1385, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Just remember pussy, we could take your oil, lumber, etc. right now. We are nice enough to buy it from Canada for the time being. With Canada's 50,000 man military, the US would roll over you faster than Russia is rolling over Georgia.*

See, you have vested interest in America's well-being. Start acting like it, and stop bashing America.

:D

* BTW, I do not condone the Russian invasion of Georgia. The Russian invasion of Georgia is for illustrative purposes only.

#31     Aug 12, 2008
  2. Clinton had a Republican Congress. They couldn't agree on how to spend money, so not much was spent. Anytime you get a congress and a president of the same party, they'll write checks fast...but just for different purposes. Democrat...Republicans...all politicians who spend our money. Many of the spending bills have sunset provisions in them that require reaffirming that priority. For example, the tax credit for children runs out in 2010 unless renewed. If there is no agreement on the renewal, it won't happen, and more revenue will come in.

Lastly, if you let someone borrow your car for an extended period of time, you kind of hope they will do regular maintenance. Would you like to find out that the whole time they had it they didn't buy new air filters or change the oil? Is that savings, or deferred maintenance that causes more damage over the long-term? I know Bush has done some bone-headed stuff, but how long was Bush president before we were attacked?

SM

#32     Aug 13, 2008
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Just with the MS13 thugs in my hood we could take canada...:D

#33     Aug 13, 2008
  4. That makes sense. Thanks......

#34     Aug 13, 2008
  5. Russia beating on an US ally......only during W's presidency is America not getting the respect she deserves.

I'm sure W will look Putin in the eye and have a heart to heart talk as he did years ago.

#35     Aug 13, 2008
  6. Which the Bush administration repeatedly dismissed out of hand, until it was too late. And that pattern continued across a broad range of issues. Katrina, anyone? And so on.

#36     Aug 13, 2008
  7. This is by far your most disparate and conflicting post yet. A true study in Schizotypal contrasts.

#37     Aug 13, 2008