Please teach me.

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Evolution88, Mar 23, 2012.

1. TSI, Delta Norm Series, Quadratic Projector.

These are the three non-extremum indicators I use in my futures trading.

#31     Mar 25, 2012
  2. ocean5

ocean5

Haha..ok,but TSI is the oscilator type indicator,if you didn`t know, but can be non-extremum if you use some voodoo magic with it,however.Never heard of the rest two,but suppose they also have some limitations you never heard as of yet.

#32     Mar 25, 2012
  3. When things don't work for whatever reasons you take your 1x losses like a good scout and continue moving forward without deviating from your good expectancy plan.

#33     Mar 25, 2012
  4. ocean5

ocean5

Did you mean every bar has its tradable range?Talk to me,Paddy.
    :D

#34     Mar 25, 2012
  5. Paddler

Paddler

No. There is no such thing as "tradable range". But every bar, more or less, is tradable. If you want to get the most out of every bar, figure out the behaviors in DOM and T&S. :D

#35     Mar 25, 2012
  6. ocean5

ocean5

Hahaha..Yes there is!If a bar has 4 ticks range, it is tradable.

#36     Mar 25, 2012
  7. Don't you think, at least for a new trader, that a 1:1 could work just as good as a 3:1?

Over many trades the 1:1 trader will have a better winning % than the 3:1 trader. The 3:1 trader will have a better win/loss ratio.

Price chops around so much sometimes that 3:1 is tough to get, especially if your entry wasn't as early as it should've been. But then again the trader going for 1:1 will miss out on the bigger moves.

So I don't know. I can see benefits to both styles. Seems like it would depend on the day as to which method would be best.

A trader going for 1:1 only has to be right 1 trade over 50% and he's made a profit for the day. Sounds so easy. :)

#37     Mar 25, 2012
  8. Reducing winners usually ends in lower expectancy, not higher.

The way you speak about the chop and small winners it makes me realize you spend too much time trading small timeframes.

Careful, don't play where the newbies do.

#38     Mar 25, 2012
  9. You could have something there, but even on the bigger timeframes I still find it difficult to get those 3:1 trades. Maybe something I need to look at a little closer.

#39     Mar 25, 2012
  10. Paddler

Paddler

Hehe, how do you know that you are going to have a 4 tick range on a starting forming bar? Just go along with what the market wants to reveal tick by tick.

#40     Mar 26, 2012