Please stop using bad language

Discussion in 'Politics' started by morganist, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Lucrum,

You have more exposure to online forums than I do - from the little I've seen elsewhere, general moderator behaviour at other boards strikes me as "too strict, too quick to ban, little leeway, zero kindness, often like dirty LA cops on the take by playing favorites"

that's why Morgan should be given a chance to get up to speed, because he, like Ivan and the other mods at ET, lean on the side of kindness generally. That's a good, rare thing. When I first came here in October 2009 I was blown away by some of the vile stuff said to Ivan - and he just ignored it. If you recall the fellow, Momo (moment of silence for him now, wish he wasn't banned, I liked him)) who called Ivan a total degenerate - I couldn't believe it when I read it. He was later banned but not because of this statement.

Just recognizing that they have to read alot of shit day in and day out and we still expect them to be top-notch, is asking too much of these volunteers, IMO.

They should at least be paid a decent salary for their job.

Just IMO. :)

Have a good one, Lucky.

#51     Jul 15, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Actually it's an aircraft project. Anyway I stopped trading late last year to make time for it. Most of my time on the computer now is research, searching for and ordering parts and materials. I poke my nose in here while doing that. I can't see posting a trading thread when I'm not even currently trading. And even demo trading would require far more time than I spend here.

And besides, who the fuck wants to read about a demo account?

prow·ess (prous)
    n.
    1. Superior skill or ability.
    2. Superior strength, courage, or daring, especially in battle.

I don't recall claiming any particular prowess. Just that I was trading real money and throwing my blotter and trades out there with the other ET traders. THAT thread should still exist. The chat room logs may be hard to find, if they still exist.

Not playing daft, but from where I sit that looks more like a statement of opinion than a question.

#52     Jul 16, 2010

3. Thanks for the answers. I understand if you don't have the time or inclination. But it was worth a try to ask.

(1) >>>> And besides, who the fuck wants to read about a demo account? <<<<

I do. :)

Not anybody else's, but yours, yes, very much so because I think you'll do a good job on it and perhaps I can learn something.

(2) re: prowess = exceptional or superior skill .... is the meaning I'm referring to ....

you said something to this effect ( I could dig it up if you like, but there really is no point because I'm not challenging it or any such thing) ... "my past trading shows clearly that I was quite profitable"

(3) I'll try searching for that thread again - the last time I did, I couldn't find much from years ago. Its also quite possible that I was reading too many threads and got lost in the search.

(4) My opinion, yes because Baron never mentioned any names. But when I looked at the posters with larger post count, yours was the only one I thought = concluded that that was the type of oldtimer that Baron was referring to. :)

#53     Jul 16, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe, but I can't imagine having stated it like that.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2022030&highlight=lucrum#post2022030
    I had trouble finding it too.

There are or at least were some folks around here that really know what they're doing. I never really considered myself one of them though. But I was willing to show my results, such as they were.

#54     Jul 16, 2010

5. Thanks Lucky. That's quite a long thread, but no pb, will read it this week.

-----------------------------

While we're on this subject there is something I've wanted to ask for months now ....

you don't use indicators
    you've put down various methodologies, for example, elliottwave and others
    you've not given a dime to Haiti :) :D :D
    you use only Price action

so I had concluded that you must use TA because Price action is the purest form of TA there is. Am I right in this conclusion?

If so, have you ever said specifically what you use (trendlines, patterns, Fibo etc., )?

And if wrong about you using TA, can you name the subject methodology you do use?

Thanks for taking the time :)

#55     Jul 19, 2010
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yes

Probably.

#56     Jul 19, 2010
  7. fuxx you!!!!

#57     Jul 19, 2010

8. So, in TA what doe you use?

#58     Jul 19, 2010

9. :) :D Not with a tampon, he ain't, with the string within easy reach. :)

#59     Jul 20, 2010

10. Evasive answers dispensed with - found a new way to use the search engine, quicker, better, more to the point ...

you meant this as your proof of trading? :) :D :D

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

-----------------------------------------

my conclusion: I really am on my own at ET. I posted in the thread below that Lucrum was eliminated as a trader to learn from. This was based on whatever threads I could find at the time. But now with the new technique on the search engine, I have it all and can double-confirm, "Lucrum is eliminated"

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168825

#60     Jul 20, 2010