Please stop calling tops in this furious uptrend

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nexen, Oct 13, 2009.

1. the1

the1

LOLOL. I guess INTC is what caused the TF to explode. Shorts gonna get smoke again.

#11     Oct 13, 2009
  2. leorc

leorc

hum, i will keep calling top every week then, so everybody would think its no the top. lolz

#12     Oct 13, 2009
  3. FB123

FB123

The only way to trade is to accept that anything can happen. We can go to 15,000 on the DOW in two years, or we can go to 4,000. Prepare for either possibility, and don't be rigid in your assumptions.

Assuming that this thing will continue upwards indefinitely in a hyperinflationary spiral is just as stupid as assuming that it can't go up any further and must fall any day now. It's just the other side of the same coin, and represents an unnecessary and harmful bias to your trading.

Assume that anything can happen, and just trade what you see day to day. You don't need to predict where it will be next month or next year to make money.

#13     Oct 13, 2009
  4. trendo

trendo

What's the opposite of consistently catching the bottoms of uptrends and the tops of downtrends?

#14     Oct 13, 2009
  5. well it looks like we topped out tonight folks

#15     Oct 13, 2009

6. I.e. Please stop calling *bottoms *in this furious US Dollar decline :)

#16     Oct 13, 2009
  7. they said this in 2000...signed, NASDAQ 5,000 (remember me :p )

#17     Oct 13, 2009
  8. great post...seriously

#18     Oct 13, 2009
  9. oh man, did we just hear from the man behind the troll?

Anyways, top could be in cause the fed aint got no mo POMO money, but you know they probably got some new tricks that could prove me wrong. Can we really paint another Q of top line misses and pro forma shenanigans as growth? Who knows, but hopefully the music stops before 1) major debt/currency event 2) DEC 2012 when my leap puts expire lol.

Luckily, for me trading is not about being right. Investing, maybe.

(Those puts are a hedge and not a trade or investment due to circumstance particular to my life, before you all call me a liar.)

#19     Oct 13, 2009
  10. Corey

Corey

My point was more that there are two sides to any coin, and two sides to any argument. I was playing devil's advocate.

You can come up with all sorts of evidence for both sides of the market. What you choose to believe is up to you. My point is only this: you will only know if you are right when you are either making or losing money.

#20     Oct 13, 2009