Please screw up Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock_trad3r, Jun 27, 2008.

1. And then, of course, there is the other Clark:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/2003-10-28-clark-911_x.htm

"...In May 2002, the administration fended off questions after it was revealed that Bush was given a warning a month before the Sept. 11 attacks that bin Laden's terrorist network might hijack American airplanes. Administration officials said the information was among several possible terrorist attacks being plotted against the United States..."

Perhaps if bin Laden had given GWB and the gang an itinerary and schedule...

#31     Jul 1, 2008
  2. That's what it would take.

Read my prior post.

As a Canadian you're not hip to U.S. laws but there is NO PROFILING here.

5 Arabs boarding an airplane cannot be scrutinized any differently than a blond mother with an infant.

How many people who're critical of the Bush "response" to pre-9/11 threats oppose the Patriot Act?

Pretty duplicitous, eh?

I predict within the next 12 hours a black Chicagoan will kill another black Chicagoan between 47th street and 79th street. Now go stop him.

#32     Jul 1, 2008
  3. But intelligence sources knew about Atta before 9/11, didn't they? And against the background of the potential hijacking(s), as reported in intelligence briefs, Atta was allowed to board a plane in the US. Are you with me so far?

Are you also going to defend Bush for cutting funding (to help pay for the war in Iraq?) for projects specifically designed to strengthen levees in New Orleans, and his administration's handling of the aftermath of Katrina?

#33     Jul 1, 2008
  4. LOL.....bad Prime!! :)

#34     Jul 1, 2008
  5. crackers, its not obama that you have to fear; its the almighty osama bin laden. the very man that the cia helped back in the early 1980's with the approval of a 2nd rated actor who was senile throughout his tenure at the whthse.

#35     Jul 1, 2008
    #36     Jul 1, 2008
  7. Pabst:

" Many of the 19 hijackers were detained in security checks."

So airports did their job.

Bush didn't do his job. One doesn't excuse the other.

#37     Jul 2, 2008
  8. Well, evidently, my density is infectious and you were standing just a little too close. Mohamed Atta had been identified as an Al Qaeda operative in 2000. That's Al Qaeda. (Remember Richard Clarke?) And that's 2000. You with me so far?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/17/sept.11.hijackers/

Pabst, doesn't it get tiring defending Bush? No matter how fond you may be of them, turkeys can't fly.

#38     Jul 2, 2008
  9. JWS11

JWS11

George W Bush is one of our greatest Presidents ever: defended the country after 9/11, built the economy up tremendously from Clinton's (near) recession (until the Dems took over in late 2006 and started messing things up), fought two successful wars to free two good nations from oppression, protect Israel and stabilize the Middle East, made our friends respect us and our enemies fear us, restored dignity to the White House after the Clinton scandals (including his impeachment and disbarment for lying to the American people), committed a huge amount of resources to help Africa through the AIDS epidemic, etc, etc, ... everything one might expect from a great President. :D

#39     Jul 2, 2008
  10. George, is that you? Shouldn't you be at the PDB? You now know from experience what can happen when you don't pay attention while others are talking to you:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB116/index.htm

#40     Jul 2, 2008