Please recommend some good books for learning TA

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Sudip, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Sudip

Sudip

Hello friends,

I am new to Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency trading and just joined this group. But I see a lot of people predicting price rise or fall using TA to a good degree of accuracy.

Can someone recommend some good books to start learning TA.

Are there books oriented towards computer programming for TA analysis?

If there were earlier discussions on this in the forum, please point me towards those discussions. A forum search did not throw up good results.

Thanks
    Sudip

2. Xela

Xela

If it helps, I included in this post a list of the books that most helped me in learning to trade profitably. Mostly to do with TA, really (because I happen to trade about 98% by TA and only about 2% by "fundamentals", whatever they are).

Certainly not. Their TA content is oriented toward learning how to trade profitably. The realities of trading, and of the markets, predicate that (a) you can't learn to automate what you haven't first learned and had experience with manually, and (b) for a group of other, additional reasons, automation as an initial approach is extremely ill-advised. (And some of those other, additional reasons are actually explained in detail in some of the books I mentioned in the post linked to, above).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    soulfire, 777, Sudip and 3 others like this.
  3. Rich Dad Poor Dad

4. Handle123

Handle123

Spend 3 years learning about charting. And read John Hill's books who writes about charting. Indicators are at times a representation of charting, but unless you can read a chart well, indicators can give you a false sense of knowing. Many on this sight believe in only TA, and many forms of it, fundamentals or the "guts" of stocks, never seem to have enough or it is to late.

Trading is more like writing your own book and after nearly forty years, mind not done yet, trading is ongoing thru your life.

5. Robert Kiyosaki is a book salesman. o_O (that's all i have to say about that)

To succeed in that game, you just have to powder your nose...wear nice clothes...and be all bubbly and jolly in front of cameras and the media.

Darc and Bennny like this.

6. You don't need to read some good books to start learning TA with hundreds pages. Just master candlestick then you can trade well.

Happy trading

Sudip likes this.
  7. Sudip

Sudip

Thanks.. It's a good list. Will check out these books you listed.